Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WSJ-- a-19-year-old-just-built-the-first-fingerprint-reading-smart gun

WSJ-- a-19-year-old-just-built-the-first-fingerprint-reading-smart gun

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

If it works as well as the fingerprint reader on my iPhone, I home it weighs at least 44 ounces so I can beat someone to death with it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Vending Machine Operator
    Good thing there's no possibility my hands will be sweaty, muddy, bloody, or damaged in an emergency situation.

PHEW. Glad that can't happen. 10/10 would retrofit all guns.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

I read it, and I'm struck (unsurprisingly) at the lack of proponents' understanding of the urgent availability and reliability needed in this type of equipment.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Good thing there's no possibility my hands will be sweaty, muddy, bloody, or damaged in an emergency situation.

PHEW. Glad that can't happen. 10/10 would retrofit all guns.
    Didn't you read the article? You can just wipe your finger on your pants.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    Didn't you read the article? You can just wipe your finger on your pants.
    I have been an utter fool. This clever inventor somehow knew I never wear shorts and sleep fully pantsed.

If my home is invaded, I shall simply say "STOP" to the intruder in a commanding tone. This will bring him to pause as I unlock my tri-layer biometric safe with 8-digit physical combination. Then, after retrieving my firearm (equipped with a sensible 10-round magazine - I'm not JOHN RAMBO, here!) I shall venture to my adjoining study, whereupon I shall pull from the top shelf the second tri-layer biometric safe where I store my ammo (you didn't think I'd be so beastly careless as to leave my ammunition WITH my firearm, did you?). After loading my Full Metal Jacket rounds (Officer LockedBreech, SWAT Commando? No, thank you, LockedBreech, Esquire!) into my reasonable-capacity magazine, I shall, using all the muscle in my dainty, educated hands, retract the slide of the firearm, loading it and preparing myself for battle with the misunderstood youth who has been disenfranchised by an uncaring society. I will, of course, only THEN scan my fingerprint, activating my Tool of Death for its regrettable purpose.

Presently, I shall aim the firearm near the intruder (not AT him, I fear my trembling finger might trigger this Weapon of War inadvertently). I shall provide the intruder with no fewer than ten verbal warnings to exit my domicile. If he refuses and advances at me with a deadly weapon AND I am unable to retreat AND he strikes at me at least one time, I shall regrettably fire one round into his body, at which point I will stop, assess his injuries, and begin rendering first aid.

Ah. The Second Amendment. As those wise men intended it, so long ago.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 10-07-2016 at 03:33 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    If it works as well as the fingerprint reader on my iPhone, I home it weighs at least 44 ounces so I can beat someone to death with it.
    Come on man. My iPhone unlocks the first time with the first finger press like...most of the time...Seriously...what could go wrong?

Idiots want to make lifesaving equipment harder to use and more failure prone !!!

You sweaty bastards could use this:

http://www.ironmind-store.com/Chalk-...ductinfo/1268/
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Kloepfer resets the gun—erasing his fingerprint from its memory—by using a pin to press a tiny button hidden inside the handle and scanning his finger to confirm. I put my fingerprint on the reader, a light blinks to say my finger has been registered.
    Unless this gun is going to be completely unique and proprietary, what is to stop the average criminal from pulling the circuit board out, cutting the locking mechanism, etc?

Sorry... I must be too stupid to understand what silicon valley and etc is smart enough to understand...

User Tag List