Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCP II - Just came out!

Quote Originally Posted by 1slow View Post
    Hope the P30 got a VD shot.
    Poor, naive kid. Thinks he's just having a quick beer with his buddies from Sig and Walther... next thing, 320 is getting all morose about losing his team, so P30 has a few sympathy shots...
    Then, P30 wakes up with a massive headache, and a LCP

Do ya'll think that the LCP custom is a better choice in conceal carry than the new LCP II ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe in PNG View Post
    Poor, naive kid. Thinks he's just having a quick beer with his buddies from Sig and Walther... next thing, 320 is getting all morose about losing his team, so P30 has a few sympathy shots...
    Then, P30 wakes up with a massive headache, and a LCP
    LCPs are like mopeds fun to ride but you better not let your friends see you!

Quote Originally Posted by lawnguy View Post
    Do ya'll think that the LCP custom is a better choice in conceal carry than the new LCP II ?
    I do. Better sights, longer trigger pull.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    I couldn't get comfortable with the Glock 43 as a pocket pistol, even in a holster.

For a pocket gun I want a long pull like the LCP or revolver offers.

GJM, how different are the LCP vs LCP Custom triggers?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I couldn't get comfortable with the Glock 43 as a pocket pistol, even in a holster.

For a pocket gun I want a long pull like the LCP or revolver offers.

GJM, how different are the LCP vs LCP Custom triggers?
    I just know what I read, but apparently the LCP Custom is an "improved" LCP with a different guide rod, better sights and a trigger shape that doesn't slap/pinch like the original LCP. I understand the recent LCP and LCP Custom pistols have a similar weight and length trigger (apparently there was a change along the way that improved LCP triggers post some recall.) The LCP II is a different model with a shorter, striker like trigger.

The LCP Custom is/was a great package.

The trigger on the LCP Custom is much nicer than any of the other LCPs I have tried and is much smoother and without the "grit" I've felt with other LCPs. It is similar to the Galloway Sweet Pea aftermarket trigger.

Name:  Ruger LCP Custom.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  56.8 KB

It had actual usable sights and with the improved trigger was a very shootable pocket auto.

And Ruger gets rid of it...

Uh-Hunh. As per my earlier post in small HK pistol thread, I don't feel the need for one.

I may however see if the Best Little Gunstore in Tennessee still has a Custom in stock for Ms. CC84.

Gonna make that heifer get a carry permit!
    "Backstabbers and window-lickers rise to the top of human organizations like oxygen-rich turds in a champagne fountain. I suspect it's been that way since at least the Bronze Age." _ Me. 2016

Quote Originally Posted by coldcase1984 View Post
    Uh-Hunh. As per my earlier post in small HK pistol thread, I don't feel the need for one.

I may however see if the Best Little Gunstore in Tennessee still has a Custom in stock for Ms. CC84.

Gonna make that heifer get a carry permit!
    I think Ruger must have recently discontinued the LCP Custom, and based on GunBroker, there are still some out there. I grabbed two, just because.

Quote Originally Posted by lawnguy View Post
    Yes. I have shot the LCP II and I think my custom is much better. It has a longer heaver trigger pull and better sights. The trigger on the LCP II is, IMO, way too light for a pocket pistol. While the sights are better than the original LCP they are still mediocre. It’s also a little bit thicker and heaver.

User Tag List