2. 1.83 2 (-1 out) FAIL
    3. 1.86 2 PASS
    4. 1.94 2 (-1 out) FAIL
    Total 8 FAIL

Never having done this before, I ran it again:
    2nd round
    1. 1.95 3 PASS
    2. 1.84 3 PASS
    3. 1.73 2 PASS WIMP!!! I should've powered through! I blame Mr_White for the confusion! Even though I read the thread, I still kept thinking I needed to 'know' when 2 secs were up.
    4. 1.84 2 PASS
    total 10

I noticed that I did dramatically better on the second round even if I still wimped out. Drills like this are what I need to push myself. Sometimes, although I'm a speed freak, I'm too conservative.
    Last edited by BaiHu; 10-19-2016 at 11:20 PM.
    Fairness leads to extinction much faster than harsh parameters.

Beretta M-9 with Safariland GLS

String1-2
    String2-1
    String3-2
    String4-1
    Total- 6

I haven't spent enough time dry firing the Beretta so my index isn't spot on with it just yet.
    Name:  IMG_1276.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  52.5 KB

Site Supporter
    VP9 vs P30 LEM - Fight!

Equipment used: HK VP9, CCC Shaggy, JMCK single mag holster, pullover fleece cover garment

String 1: low ready @ 3 yards, pass, 3 (1.62)
    String 2: concealed @ 3 yards, pass, 2 (1.89)
    String 3: low ready @ 5 yards, pass, 3 (1.83)
    String 4: concealed @ 5 yards, pass, 1 (1.74)

Total shots = 9; all pass; total time = 7.08 sec

Name:  20161022_084244.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  26.8 KB

Equipment used: HK P30 LEM, CCC Shaggy, JMCK single mag holster, pullover fleece cover garment

String 1: low ready @ 3 yards, pass, 3 (1.61)
    String 2: concealed @ 3 yards, pass, 2 (1.68)
    String 3: low ready @ 5 yards, pass, 3 (1.79)
    String 4: concealed @ 5 yards, pass, 1 (1.68)

Total shots = 9; all pass; total time = 6.76 sec

Name:  20161022_090317.jpg
Views: 190
Size:  26.6 KB

I want so badly to include an outrageous statement like "this clearly proves the LEM is faster than a striker pistol" but I'll pass

Equipment used. Girsan, 124g remanufactured 9mm, OWB competition gear.

1) 6
    2) 5
    3) 5
    4) 2 I had a really slow draw: 1.5 and a .35 split for the second shot at 1.85, then shot three more shots into the black over time.

Total score: 18
    Pass or fail: PASS

Observations: There is definitely room for more shots in some of those strings. My groups were nicely tight so I probably could have pushed on the gas a bit.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Ran this with a CZ 75 SP-01, but unfortunately no holster due to range restrictions. Modified by shooting from a compressed ready similar to the position I'd take when drawing and joining both hands to the gun. Ready position was high ready.

String 1 (from high ready): 1.11 on first shot, and 1.91 sec on 5th shot

String 2 (modified ready position, simulating draw from holster): First shot 1.29, second shot 1.70 sec

String 3: First shot at 1.63 and 2nd shot at ?? 3rd shot overtime

String 4: 1st shot at 1.32, 2nd at 1.60, third overtime but was thrown low and out, which means I failed this drill.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  26.4 KB

I noticed the unfamiliar ready position made me shoot way slower due to differences in building grip and getting the sights on target. I noticed similar things working from low ready on other drills since it's not something I work on much in either dry or live fire. Also felt like I shot overly conservative from many of the strings and could have gone faster, though I did throw one shot out of the black in spite of the slow shooting.
    Last edited by scw2; 10-28-2016 at 09:33 PM.

G19 in a DSG AIWB holster under a Duluth fleece jacket for the holstered strings.

3 yards from low ready: 4 hits, Pass
    3 yards from holster: 3 hits, Pass
    5 yards from low ready: 3 hits, Pass
    5 yards from holster: 0 hits (I flubbed the draw and fired one shot at 2.08s. It was a hit)

I retried string 4 and scored one hit within the time limit.

I rarely practice wearing a thicker jacket which is bad because we have 5 months of winter here. Many of my draws this session were substantially slower than they are when concealing under a shirt or a very light sweater.

My "Plan A" for winter coats is a Ruger LCR in the hand warmer pocket because I know I'll be trying to draw around multiple layers to reach my AIWB primary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Just for clarification....

What we call low ready and what others call it can be a bit different.

At HiTS, Low ready means that no part of the muzzle covers no part of the body and is generally pointed towards the ground well in front of the base of the possible bad guys feet.

Contact Ready is where you are covering some portion of the body between the bottom of the feet to the top of the head. It is where you can justify what is basically an assault based on the actions of the person you are covering with a muzzle. How much and where you cover is situation dependent as to what you need to see.

Part of what we use the Two Second Standards for is for our students to understand time. Many find that the gains from a true low Ready to a Contact Ready are not that great, yet the gains from a holstered start to a Ready start are quite significant....and there is a lesson there we want to get through.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Tried this again since last time wasn't done from concealment, and wanted a better comparison to the 2nd part of this drill. Shot with my CZ 75 SP-01 from AIWB CCC Gestalt with polo for concealment. Shot from low ready for strings 1 & 3, and from the holster for strings 2 & 4.

String 1: 3 hits
    String 2: 3 hits
    String 3: 2 hits
    String 4: 1 hit

Total = 9 hits, all clean - passed!

From 5 yards I shot a bit conservatively, especially coming from the holster. Possibly too much, but was trying to guarantee hits. Need more dedicated work on draws in general, both speed and speed to more precise targets. I did better focusing on my grip shooting from low ready, which was a weak spot last time I shot this.

Name:  2 sec standards - Part 1.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  32.2 KB

Noticed slight drift in shots low/left, but overall okay.

User Tag List