Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 185: The Two Second Standards Part 1

Yeah, kinda not getting the point of the overtime penalties either. Unless they are maybe wanting to test the shooters ability to make decisions about shoot, no/shoot situations during the firing process?

I had a stage like this in my last IPSC match on timed Bill drills at 25 yards and 12 yards SHO, both to be shot under 6 seconds. I took a penalty on the SHO portion on the last shot. I broke it just over the par time. Pissed me off.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Site Supporter
    A point of clarification:

There is no grace period, but if you've made hits inside the 2.0 seconds time frame and then fire a shot or shots past that time, they don't get counted in your hit count UNLESS you fired a miss overtime, at which point you just scored nothing. It's not a "put on the brakes" drill, but a drill to establish a dead certain performance pace as to accuracy and speed. If you fired your first shot at 2.1, you get the zero. Hope this helps...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

So if you go over but all get all your hits in the b8 black then you count the hits under two seconds as your score? Or if there is anything ot then zero?

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Dobbs View Post

There is no grace period, but if you've made hits inside the 2.0 seconds time frame and then fire a shot or shots past that time, they don't get counted in your hit count UNLESS you fired a miss overtime, at which point you just scored nothing. It's not a "put on the brakes" drill, but a drill to establish a dead certain performance pace as to accuracy and speed. If you fired your first shot at 2.1, you get the zero. Hope this helps...
    Makes sense now, thanks for clarifying.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

Equipment used (pistol, holster, optional concealment garment if one was used): Gen3 G34, concealed in a Keeper under a polo shirt
    Score on String 1: 6
    Score on String 2: 5
    Score on String 3: 5
    Score on String 4: 4
    Grand Total Score: 20
    Pass or Fail: PASS
    Anything you noticed: I shot it before Wayne posted his clarification that overtime hits are not a fail or score of zero, which I thought they were. So I backed off significantly more in the video to be SURE there would be no overtime shots. I might do it again if I get the chance - there was definitely room for another shot or two in a couple of the strings.

Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Gen3 G19 w/RMR, Fricke Holster, t shirt concealment.

String 1 4
    String 2 1
    String 3 5
    String 4 1

Total 11

Noticed; A lot. Obviously my draw is still slow. The biggest problem seemed to be mental. I finished my draws from the holster with plenty of time for a second shot, but didn't take it. Also finished my 3 yard from the ready with time for another shot that I didn't take. Part of my problem with the slow draw remains getting on the dot quickly. After the DOW 185 I ran the Gunsite 499 drill and did fine at 10 yards and beyond but up close with a two second par time for 4 shots and two targets I was too slow. One more area to work.

Equipment used (pistol, holster, optional concealment garment if one was used)
    • Gen3 G19, Keepers AIWB, under button-down and t-shirt

Score
    • String 1: 3@1.92 +1@2.27 Fail
    • String 2: 2@1.81 Pass
    • String 3: 3@1.82 -1miss Fail
    • String 4: 1@1.79 +1@2.12 Fail

Grand Total Score: 9
    Pass or Fail: Fail
    Anything you noticed: marking time while shooting is ... awkward
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    Equipment used (pistol, holster, optional concealment garment if one was used)
    • Gen3 G19, Keepers AIWB, under button-down and t-shirt

Score
    • String 1: 3@1.92 +1@2.27 Fail
    • String 2: 2@1.81 Pass
    • String 3: 3@1.82 -1miss Fail
    • String 4: 1@1.79 +1@2.12 Fail

Grand Total Score: 9
    Anything you noticed: marking time while shooting is ... awkward
    See my clarifying post above. Only string 3 is a fail. String 1 scores 1; string 4 scores a 1.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

See my clarifying post above. Only string 3 is a fail. String 1 scores 1; string 4 scores a 1.
    Ah! I didn't bother to read the whole thread before doing the drill. I'll correct my post now. Thanks! (ETA: can't edit old post, but "let the record show...")
    Last edited by MDS; 10-12-2016 at 10:31 PM.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Equipment used: HK VP9 + SF XC1, JM Custom IWB v1, button front shirt (buttoned), Freedom Munitions 115gr new
    Score on String 1: 6 at 1.99, pass
    Score on String 2: 2 at 1.84, pass
    Score on String 3: 3 at 1.76, fail
    Score on String 4: 1 at 1.75, fail
    Grand Total Score: 8
    Anything you noticed: My draw to a low percentage target is slooooooow. Like painfully slow. A 1.75 draw at five yards? Get outta here! Something to work on. Also, I almost never practice starting a string from the ready. Definitely need to incorporate that into my practice regimen.

User Tag List