Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Aluminum Case Blazer 38 sp. WC 148 grain

Aluminum Case Blazer 38 sp. WC 148 grain

Any opinions on this ammo in a J Frame for practice use? Aluminum frame Steel cylinder.
    Any problems at all let me know please. Same price as Precision Deltas reloaded Brass.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I had some Blazer aluminum case .357 magnum rounds. They locked up both of my revolvers. I gave it away. It did the same thing to the guy I gave it to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by byrdland View Post
    I had some Blazer aluminum case .357 magnum rounds. They locked up both of my revolvers. I gave it away. It did the same thing to the guy I gave it to.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

"carbine-infested rural (and suburban) areas"
    148gr wadcutters are usually loaded to lower pressures, even for .38SPL. Not sure that .357M experience is relevant.

Site Supporter
    Haven't used a ton of aluminum cased .38 Special. Probably several boxes over the years, though. I don't remember ever having a problem, regardless of the specific loading.

It might be OK in a 148 wadcutter... But I've had their 158 grain aluminum cased load bullet come "uncrimped" and inhibit the rotation of the cylinder in an aluminum J-Frame. My assumption is that there is a vast difference in power factor between the 158 and 148 grain load.

That said, I will probably grab some of this and try it.
    Last edited by warpedcamshaft; 10-08-2016 at 03:37 AM.

Same price as Precision Deltas reloaded Brass.
    If the price is the same, I'd opt for the brass cases....

We used it for training in Corrections. I don't remember any problems with the 158gr. loads.

Unless these are loaded to be smoking hot--which I doubt with Blazer--it is hard to see how they would come uncrimped and lock up a cylinder. I've only seen that happen with extremely hot loads, and it is difficult to imagine it happening with normally loaded wadcutters.

I'd try them. Indeed, where are you finding them so I can try some?

Site Supporter
    I've shot a box or two through my 640 and 642. POI and accuracy was noticeably different (and worse) than Remington or Fiocchi wadcutter loads, at least in my guns, so I'm using the Blazer for close range drills only. I'm happy with it for that purpose.

User Tag List