Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: G19 Gen4 with factory np3 finish?

Vending Machine Operator
    I would trust a Glock factory finish over any aftermarket finish unless it was my personally owned Glock and I sent it to Robar myself so I knew the provenance 100%.

As I understand it, a high level treatment like Robar is best for older guns with pitting, scratches, rust, etc. Not sure you'd get a lot of benefit versus a factory Glock finish in NIB condition.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 10-06-2016 at 12:30 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Ok great thank you! I'll stick to black or fde then.

That continued through to Gen4?

Supporting Business CS Tactical's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HopetonBrown View Post
    That is the Nickel Boron model I referred to, a bunch in Gen 3 and 4 came through here some are darkened on the area facing the users body. I'd like to try Robar's NP3+ though.
    Last edited by CS Tactical; 10-06-2016 at 02:50 PM.
    CS Tactical
    For the best pricing on Optics please PM or call 916.670.1103
    Dealer for Zero Compromise, Tangent Theta, Leupold,
    Nightforce, MDT, Vortex, XLR Industries and more...
    www.cstactical.com

Not sure who your shop is, but Glockmeister has some sort of partnership with Robar, and is offering both NP3 services and NIB NP3 guns in store, but IRRC those had a mark-up of somewhere between $50 and $100. They do NOT do NP3+ as far as I can tell.

I have had two guns finished in standard NP3--a P220 (which I was very happy with), and a G22 which had rusted/pitted slightly in the safe next to a bunch of factory finish guns that were just fine. To Robar's credit, they took it in, no questions asked, and refinished it, even though it was about a decade from the original finishing. I would personally buy a standard version, shoot it to verify reliability, then go through Robar directly and get the NP3+ finish.

Gotcha. Thank you. Not that I was dying for the np3, but for the same price, I thought it might be something a little unique and maybe the np3 would offer something as well.

NP3 is slippery and makes slide manipulation a little more challenging.

I have a few 870 shotguns with NP3 finish. It provides lubricity, which is an advantage with a pump shotgun. It is great in bad weather, especially for a firearm that receives exposure in the field. A negative is my hands get black discoloring from where I carry the shotgun. As pointed out, lubricity can be a positive and negative.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Guys, I was wrong, it isn't the same price. They are asking about $70 more for the np3.

User Tag List