Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: At last! I can mount MOAR bayonets!

At last! I can mount MOAR bayonets!

Geissele Picatinny Bayonet Mount - The Firearm Blog
    Quad rail + 4 of these + 4 M7 bayonets...
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Srs question: I've never served, but has there been any recent (this century?) action in which American forces used the command "Fix Bayonets"?

Not what you asked, but I know the British have used bayonets successfully in the latest wars.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

“It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Damn.

Were those Royal Marines?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Were those Royal Marines?
    According the the linked Beeb article, A Company, 1st Battalion the Princess of Wales' Royal Regiment
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
    Not what you asked, but I know the British have used bayonets successfully in the latest wars.

Sent from my Infernal Contraption using Tapatalk
    Ya, I have to say, when I hear anyone talk about bayonets, this is what's in my head:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=DiO7HDnacDE

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    According the the linked Beeb article, A Company, 1st Battalion the Princess of Wales' Royal Regiment
    Good stuff.

I had the privilege of working with the British Army for about 3 years in the 90s. Very professional guys.

Mostly we dealt with senior NCOs in Mech / Armor Bns, but I did get to meet a 1 star who came through our training facility at Paderborn Barracks.

I tend to remember my battalion commander breaking his elbow on the first obstacle on the bayonet course at Ft Ord, but the number of folks there that day is kind of a small sample size...
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    I tend to remember my battalion commander breaking his elbow on the first obstacle on the bayonet course at Ft Ord, but the number of folks there that day is kind of a small sample size...
    You might like this story.

We supplied a pretty large networked simulation system for the British Army, at the Battlegroup level (Mech: Warrior IFV, Armor: Challenger 2). So after we turned the system over to the Maintenance Contractor (this was our installation in Warminster, the home of mechanised training in the UK) we had quite the run on replacement browpads.

(For those who might now know, the browpad is a small soft part that you place your forehead on when using the gun sight of the main tank cannon (120 mm / Challenger 2) we were simulating.)

Anyway, we did a FRACAS analysis on our spares, because we really did not spare all that many browpads, to be honest, in our spares allotment.

Come to find out, we had had a couple Scots Regiments (Black Watch, IIRC) come through.

Apparently the guys got bored on their exercises and started to chew on the browpads.

I swear I am not making this up.
    Last edited by RJ; 10-05-2016 at 05:13 PM.

User Tag List