Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: "The Supreme Court is wrong on the Second Amendment"

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblie View Post
    Not really. You're out 100 bucks either way.
    Nah.

With the $100 bet on Trump, you might win a jackpot.
    Yeah, it's a long shot, but the other option is a guaranteed failure.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Imagine using your hoarded 15 round LCAM people popper to plug a perp on your property (*).

Can you not picture Dindo's weeping wife, sobbing inconsolably whilst her lawyer files a cool $5M wrongful death civil suit against you - because you had an illegal 'weapon of war'?
    It's cute that you imagine Dindo is married to his baby momma.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    As I've stated before, they just won't get that far.

The moment there is even a partial confiscation type situation on the horizon there will be serious issues, most of which will not be directed towards the majority of LE that won't do anything to support it.
    Despite my skepticism, I sincerely hope you are correct.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    Your post seems to imply...
    This election season everybody's every post seems to imply whatever the reader thinks would make for a good argument.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

"The Supreme Court is wrong on the Second Amendment"

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Nah.

With the $100 bet on Trump, you might win a jackpot.
    Yeah, it's a long shot, but the other option is a guaranteed failure.
    You're still describing two long-shot rolls of dice.

What if the question were posed this way:

"Would you rather stand up against the wall while I fire 100 bullets at you, or 1 million bullets at you?"

Hopefully you'd be sane enough not to play that game, rather than rest on the higher statistical likelihood of a less possible worse outcome by choosing one of the options over the other.
    Last edited by Josh Runkle; 10-07-2016 at 01:13 AM.

Site Supporter
    I think Donald is a doof. I support his candidacy only because the choice before us is "guns are bad" vs "guns are not bad". Very simple.

I read somewhere that HRC has not had a driver's license since 1994 because she is chauffeured everywhere by some combination of state or private security. When you wake up in, live in, and exist in, a world like hers you get a very warped sensation about a lot of normal things. She literally thinks that what she thinks is a harbinger of truth. Similar to Bloomberg, these people are beyond the scope of narcissism...they think they are gods themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by littlejerry View Post
    I'd say that Trump is like gambling $100 in Vegas whereas Hillary is like lighting a $100 bill on fire.

One might have a good outcome... The other won't.
    Concur.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LostDuke View Post
    The decision to ignore Merrick Garland's nomination was a poor one in my opinion, and will turn into an epic disaster if HRC wins. Embrace regret.
    So turns out Garland is an enormous piece of shit, and Hillary hasn’t won (yet). Turns out Trump left scotus in pretty good shape and the left is losing its massive head of steam. Keep hope alive.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    So turns out Garland is an enormous piece of shit, and Hillary hasn’t won (yet). Turns out Trump left scotus in pretty good shape and the left is losing its massive head of steam. Keep hope alive.
    I know that I feel better every day for the role that we played in stuffing Garland's confirmation. His decision to intervene in NYSRPA is absurd. He apparently felt that it was especially important to argue against a right protected in the federal constitution and in favor of a state law violating that right. Less than two years ago, OSG argued on behalf of NYSRPA and against NYC in what was arguably a less clear case.

Site Supporter
    Many on the left aren't happy with him either for they seem him as slow and soft on the Jan. 6 folks. Another factor positive for NYSPRA is that RBG's ego (which was fed by the notorious RBG media meme) kept her in the place as she was sure Hillary was a win. Breyer seems to be going the same way, which is not good for his orientation.

User Tag List