Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Time in the fight.

Next time any of you guys meet me in person, remind me about this thread and I'll show you a pretty good kid on hip knife protocol/fight procedure...
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

It's also a good idea to teach your children what to do during certain situations- codewords, what to do if they get separated from you, how to act when strangers approach them and so on.

From when my sons were young, they were taught STOP if they were ever to get lost-
    Stop
    Think
    Observe
    Plan

It saved us a lot of grief. When my son was about 10, we were bicycling in a city my son was unfamiliar with. I cut through a park I used to play at as a kid and got going too fast for him to catch up. No big deal, I thought, I'll just stop and wait for him. After a couple of minutes, it became obvious something happened.

I backtracked and found him by the trail, crying. I bombed through that section so fast, he had no idea where I went or where he should go. So he stopped and waited. When I got to him he said "I didn't see where you went, so I did what I was taught- STOP. I stayed right here."

The point is, teaching kids what to do ahead of time can save everyone a lot trouble. Because my son knew what he had to do and did it, I found him in minutes instead of hours
    Last edited by MistWolf; 10-10-2016 at 03:36 AM.
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    Not at all. Just one of undoubtedly many things that have never occurred to me. Helping others with kids evacuate brings up a whole different set of problems. Unless they know me personally I'm not sure how a mom with kids is going to react to a big, bearded dude with a gun telling her it's time to GTFO of the area.
    That very thing happened at Westgate Mall.

Given pure choice....these days if I can I carry a polymer double column 9 mm service pistols purely for less manipulations needed to keep the pistol in a fight. I look at this more based on a manipulations under stress formula. I will almost always have that gun backed up with a snub revolver that shines in every single area the service pistol doesn't, and basically look at them as a complimentary system. Some situations, scenarios, environments, policies and legalities will change that, but it is my preferred route with my urban lifestyle.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Given pure choice....these days if I can I carry a polymer double column 9 mm service pistols purely for less manipulations needed to keep the pistol in a fight. I look at this more based on a manipulations under stress formula. I will almost always have that gun backed up with a snub revolver that shines in every single area the service pistol doesn't, and basically look at them as a complimentary system. Some situations, scenarios, environments, policies and legalities will change that, but it is my preferred route with my urban lifestyle.
    This is my belief on the matter also
    Until recently carried a G17 and a J. Due to spine problems it is a Shield and J now.

I work with the kids every time we go out somewhere. Know the path from the vehicle to where we are going is their priority 1, because the car is our default rally point. If somebody is lost for more than 10-15 mins, everyone meets back at the car. They are old enough that they can GTFO with one or both of us covering. I'm glad for tha, because fighting with a toddler or infant in tow just sounds like a nightmare.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    There is certainly nothing wrong with more capacity, assuming you shoot it equally well...but bullets are bullets and time is time. Both need to be managed in their own way.
    This bears repeating.
    C Class shooter.

User Tag List