Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A friend of mine from the Corps on the VA

A friend of mine from the Corps on the VA

Hey So I'm in Austin Texas now and going through the typical VA classics of appeals. You know how it is, first time they tell you to go fuck yourself, then they say you need additional information, and that hopefully you shoot yourself (provided as long as its not in their parking lot and that you promise to go fuck yourself before said suicide) then you appeal for the second time where upon you receive the letter stating:

1. "It does not appear that said conditions were service related, please eat a dick."

2. "You may appeal this decision again if you haven't started shooting at WAL-MART"

3. "Thank you for your service and don't let me catch your ass in the street."

So anyways, does anyone know any legit VA reps or intermediary's I can go through that have helped you out in the past?
    -shoot me some info if your not overdosing from the 8 months of Percocets the VA gave you or having a psychotic episode from the antidepressants they've shoved on you.
    #RESIST

Sad state of affairs. It boils my blood whenever I hear stories like this.

Does the VA do anything good for veterans with PTS these days?
    Last edited by Irelander; 10-05-2016 at 08:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    Sad state of affairs. It boils my blood whenever I hear stories like this.

Does the VA do anything good for veterans with PTS these days?
    I could not tell you as all of my buddies don't want to be a gun owning veteran with PTSD.
    #RESIST

Don't get me started on the VA. After first hand experience with both myself and my father I'd rather drive down to Mexico.

Tell him to find a DAV REP. They will have an office at all hospitals or regional offices. They send in lawyers with his packet. If any one can help, it will be the DAV.

I file all my claims through them I too, learned the hard way.
    Tell you friend their are strong Marines and Smart Marines
    Last edited by Arbninftry; 10-05-2016 at 10:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbninftry View Post
    Tell him to find a DAV REP. They will have an office at all hospitals or regional offices. They send in lawyers with his packet. If any one can help, it will be the DAV.

I file all my claims through them I too, learned the hard way.
    Tell you friend their are strong Marines and Smart Marines
    +1 on this. DAV, VFW and American Legion usually have advocates that can help with the packet and follow-ups. My rep went through my medical records, told me what to claim during my retirement physical and continues to help five years after retirement. They get paid to help the Vet and understand the system better than we ever will. Going to the VA without and advocate is like going to court without a lawyer. Won't start with the Marine jokes but tell your friend he has to fight smart.

As you think about your vote, you might want to consider how "small government" effects those who serve.

Quote Originally Posted by Alembic View Post
    As you think about your vote, you might want to consider how "small government" effects those who serve.
    Response deleted.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Response deleted.
    Really, why? This is the Romper Room. I know I'm not in the majority here and assume I will get ganged up on.

I'd love to hear why how less funding for the VA will help Vets. Maybe if we all think positive, "It's gonna be great", all will be right in the world.
    Last edited by Alembic; 10-05-2016 at 11:18 AM.

As I understand it, they tried to fix the backlog on initial claims (some claim they rushed them through to accomplish this--leading to more errors), but this meant appeals piled up. I'm coming up on 2 years on one of mine (the supposedly expedited process) and was told by my reps not to be surprised by a 3-5 year wait. VA quoted me approx 280 or so days as average for appeals, but since I'm well past that I don't know what the actual state of affairs is.
    Last edited by Willard; 10-05-2016 at 11:16 AM.

User Tag List