Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SIG DAK

SIG DAK

I picked up a P226 .40 today. It has the DAK trigger which seems to compliment the double action of my 686+ really well. I like the gun but it doesn't want to cycle my bunny fart practice loads. I could up the charge but that increases noise which aggravates my tinnitus. SIG shooters, can I swap in a 9mm recoil spring for practice sessions without harming the gun? I run a light spring in my SIG 1911 .40 with good results.

Living across the Golden Bridge , and through the Rainbow Tunnel, somewhere north of Fantasyland.
    Bruce Gray makes a +P9 "pink" spring for hot 9mm loads that he also recommends for light/medium .40 loads. No direct experience, but I was thinking of going that route when I was shooting my department 226 .40 in USPSA Production, before I went "gamer" and just bought a 9mm 226.

Quote Originally Posted by AMC View Post
    Bruce Gray makes a +P9 "pink" spring for hot 9mm loads that he also recommends for light/medium .40 loads. No direct experience, but I was thinking of going that route when I was shooting my department 226 .40 in USPSA Production, before I went "gamer" and just bought a 9mm 226.
    That might be the way to go, thanks. I had a 9mm 226 years ago but it just seemed too big a pistol for 9mm. I'm quite taken with this .40 DAK.

Site Supporter
    I actually am a fan of DAK as well... Do you find you use the intermediate reset point or just let the trigger fully forward?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    I think the DAK is a decent set up. It works better for me than the LEM. I just wish it was offered in a polymer package.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I think the DAK is a decent set up. It works better for me than the LEM. I just wish it was offered in a polymer package.
    Sig has a true 7# DAO in a polymer package.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Sig has a true 7# DAO in a polymer package.
    I know but the P250 trigger just didn't work as well
    For me. Now that probably says more about me than the gun though.

Site Supporter
    Meh...I like the style of the classic Sig more...and the 250s rear is funky...plus the CDNN trade ins can put the prices on a more level playing field if you're cool with a .40

Deleted......sorry, should have read OP more closely.
    Last edited by LSP552; 10-06-2016 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Can't read....

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Meh...I like the style of the classic Sig more...and the 250s rear is funky...plus the CDNN trade ins can put the prices on a more level playing field if you're cool with a .40

Yeah, that $449 for a LNIB LE trade-in DAK is a stooooopid good deal

User Tag List