Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG HAS THE LEGION, but SPRINGFIELD now has a LEGACY,

It's a single stack polymer 45.

Oh wait, they did that.

It's a single stack polymer 9mm.

Oh wait, they did that.

Tactical yoga pants.

That's been done too.

TGO workout videos. Now with more grip zone.
    They ain't done that yet.

I'm not sure why but this ad campaign is less annoying to me than the Legion stuff.

I also have a different opinion of the 5 inch Mod 2 after running some rounds through one and watching a guy that can shoot almost anything at a high level break a bunch of PRs with one. He did cover up "Grip Zone!" with skateboard tape though.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Oh goodness. Can't wait to see what this is.

JR1572

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    ... But Springfield is the only company I can think of that has an entire marketing strategy based on strongly alluding to a fact about their company that isn't goddamn true...
    Henry does something similar. They seem to make decent guns, and have great CS from what everyone says, but are not very clear about their real (non)relation to their namesake.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    RevolverRob kinda nailed my problem with how Springfield Markets. Yes, the "perfection" ad mantra of Glock is obnoxious. Yes, all firearm ads tend to be absurdly blustery. But Springfield is the only company I can think of that has an entire marketing strategy based on strongly alluding to a fact about their company that isn't goddamn true. I had a retired Marine friend in undergrad who loved SA and talked about how he loved supporting American pistols made in America. Was super pissed when I explained to him SA's history and marketing strategy.

His own fault for not looking close enough at his XD-45 to see "made in Croatia?" Absolutely. But it's still slimy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's no more "slimy" then Cadillac selling Escalades made in Mexico, or Buick importing cars from Europe.

We live in Globalized Times y'all.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Site Supporter
    Maybe it's the beer talking, but if Ruger released a Sinner ad lineup, I'd be chuckling all the way to my next round. I do seriously hate SA's advertisements though - but I think it'll be marketed strongly towards women, so probably some sort of uber-tiny pink .380. Reference the ratio of women to men in their profile pictures.

Yes, I know my humor sucks. Meh.

Apropos of not much, but, the first email I got proclaimed "coming soon: the Saint" or something like that. Unless they're sponsoring a new shooting team headed up by Val Kilmer during the overweight years, it's just about gotta be something 1911-ish with that moniker.

Or not; I supposed it could also be an abomination...

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    So let's open a car company: "Duryea Motors, the oldest name in American automobiles."
    An automotive company analogy is really not the one you want to be using there.

Name:  Mini_Cooper_--_World_Cup_--_Germany_(4593720329).jpg
Views: 355
Size:  100.8 KB

EDIT: And if you found whoever currently owned the rights to the name, bought them, and started selling cars with that slogan, it would be no different to Victory or Triumph or naming ships after living people or all these other things that people get all riled about like it's some new and unique occurrence that is a sign of the apocalypse. I swear, people just aren't happy unless they have their digestion all in an uproar about something...
    Last edited by Tamara; 10-04-2016 at 10:17 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    I'm going to be ...

</Rant>
    Excellent rant. 10/10. Would rant again.

Resurrecting an old brand name to sell products is less annoying than buying out a brand name and using it to sell derp.
    I'm looking at YOU, Freedom/Cerberus group!

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Well, don't forget that In a World of Compromise, Some Do by buying injection-molded guns full of toaster parts.
    Ouch.

But true. Geez what is with the Keckler and Hoch fan boys with their loupes examining their plastic guns?

"This scratch on the frame - can you not see it? Will it affect my shooting? I'm sure it will. You do see it, right? I'm sure I see it. Geez. I'm going to kill myself. "

PS please please Tom don't ban me, I'm sorry; I know PFestivus is 3,546,132 days away.

User Tag List