Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: SIG HAS THE LEGION, but SPRINGFIELD now has a LEGACY,

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    ...welfare open...
    That was funny. I hadn't heard that one before.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Barf. Taking the name of a defunct Federal arsenal hardly makes one historic.
    He did found their brand, he didn't found their company. It's technically true in the same way as their slogan, "The oldest name in American firearms." (A co-worker used to make a point of underlining "name" on the boxes in ballpoint.)

Personally? People getting bent about SA's ad copy are only marginally less of a drag than the ones who go all frothy at Glock's "Perfection" slogan.

I have it on good authority that Legacy = GRIP ZONE 3

You read it here first.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sharp View Post
    "I'm not pretty but I've got a clue..."

I'm stealing this.

Springfield is aaaaallllmost at the level of taurus with the hype:quality ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    "When George Washington (yes, THAT George Washington) founds your brand, you'd better be serious about defending your legacy. And we are."

Give me a fucking break. Sell that shit to the Croatians.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Barf. Taking the name of a defunct Federal arsenal hardly makes one historic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    He did found their brand, he didn't found their company. It's technically true in the same way as their slogan, "The oldest name in American firearms." (A co-worker used to make a point of underlining "name" on the boxes in ballpoint.)

Personally? People getting bent about SA's ad copy are only marginally less of a drag than the ones who go all frothy at Glock's "Perfection" slogan.
    I'm going to be Buzz Killington then.

<WARNING RANT WITH DIRTY WORDS AFTER THIS POINT. THIS RANT IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANY ONE PERSON>

Springfield Armory's Ad Copy is fucking bullshit. Fuck them, their ad copy, and their deliberate attempts to obfuscate the history of their company and their company's products. By selling some bullshit words slapped with a patriotic, god, red, white, blue, and a bald eagle-theme on it. Fuck them. This is just the latest attempt and I think it stinks and I hope they eventually file for bankruptcy and get the fuck out of here with this shit.

Also. Fuck Glock and their "perfection" slogan. The only thing Perfect about Glock is their inability to actually admit that a product is broken and therefore needs repair. At least it fits with the Glockian-Fanboi love of "perfection". "Dude-bro, it's not broken, it's perfect. You just aren't perfect."

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go piss in someone's Cheerios, punch babies, and shove old ladies in front of public buses.

</Rant>
    Last edited by RevolverRob; 10-04-2016 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post
    Well, don't forget that In a World of Compromise, Some Do by buying injection-molded guns full of toaster parts.

I'm sure we could think of some more. Let the hate (and disillusionment with advertising fluff) flow through you.

Seriously, though, it's ad copy. Anybody who takes that shit seriously probably believes in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.
    Last edited by Tamara; 10-04-2016 at 08:28 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    So let's open a car company: "Duryea Motors, the oldest name in American automobiles."
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Well, don't forget that In a World of Compromise, Some Do by buying injection-molded guns full of toaster parts.
    I'm sure we could think of some more. Let the hate (and disillusionment with advertising fluff) flow through you.
    Seriously, though, it's ad copy. Anybody who takes that shit seriously probably believes in the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus.
    Sometimes, I think that the book "From Those Wonderful Folks Who Gave You Pearl Harbor" should be required reading in schools.

Face it, a gun company can't really go too wrong by overdoing the 'MURRICA!!

Vending Machine Operator
    RevolverRob kinda nailed my problem with how Springfield Markets. Yes, the "perfection" ad mantra of Glock is obnoxious. Yes, all firearm ads tend to be absurdly blustery. But Springfield is the only company I can think of that has an entire marketing strategy based on strongly alluding to a fact about their company that isn't goddamn true. I had a retired Marine friend in undergrad who loved SA and talked about how he loved supporting American pistols made in America. Was super pissed when I explained to him SA's history and marketing strategy.

His own fault for not looking close enough at his XD-45 to see "made in Croatia?" Absolutely. But it's still slimy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RevolverRob View Post

<WARNING RANT WITH DIRTY WORDS AFTER THIS POINT. THIS RANT IS NOT DIRECTED AT ANY ONE PERSON>

Springfield Armory's Ad Copy is fucking bullshit. Fuck them, their ad copy, and their deliberate attempts to obfuscate the history of their company and their company's products. By selling some bullshit words slapped with a patriotic, god, red, white, blue, and a bald eagle-theme on it. Fuck them. This is just the latest attempt and I think it stinks and I hope they eventually file for bankruptcy and get the fuck out of here with this shit.

Also. Fuck Glock and their "perfection" slogan. The only thing Perfect about Glock is their inability to actually admit that a product is broken and therefore needs repair. At least it fits with the Glockian-Fanboi love of "perfection". "Dude-bro, it's not broken, it's perfect. You just aren't perfect."

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go piss in someone's Cheerios, punch babies, and shove old ladies in front of public buses.

</Rant>
    Tell us how you really feel...

User Tag List