Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: G43 vs. PPSM2 vs SigP225 A1- anyone with experience shooting the two?

G43 vs. PPSM2 vs SigP225 A1- anyone with experience shooting the two?

I am in the market for a spring/summer carry pistol. I can conceal a G19 during the fall/winter, but would like a smaller CCW for the summer time.

I am 5' 6" so under a t-shirt- the G19 tends to stick out a bit- might as well open carry it (almost ).

Was wondering if anyone had shoot these three and would value their opinion.

I will be heading to the range this weekend to shoot the G43 and PPSM2- not sure if they have the P225A1.

Thanks for the help.

If the G19 is you primary, then I think it would be a mistake to choose a different pistol with a different manual of arms. A smaller Glock would probably be fine.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    The 225 is the odd duck out of your linked trio, in that it's hardly any smaller in any dimension than your Glock 19. The P239 that originally replaced the 225 (before it was brought back as a niche/nostalgia piece) would be closer in size to what you're seeking.

EDIT: But, like Hauptmann said, if you're sticking with the G19 as your Autumn/Winter/Spring gat, then switching to a G26 or G43 makes the most sense for a summertime/NPE gun.
    Last edited by Tamara; 10-03-2016 at 08:23 PM.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I have shot both the G43 and M2. I found the M2 to have a much better trigger, and easier to shoot accurately.

Stick with the 43 or (my personal preference ) a 26. The 43 is slimmer, but a 26 would use all the same holsters and mags you already have

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Stick with the 43 or (my personal preference ) a 26. The 43 is slimmer, but a 26 would use all the same holsters and mags you already have

I second this, get a 26. I'm also 5'6 and the 26 carries much easier than the 19.

Site Supporter
    I have a gen. 2 G26 and a gen. 3 G19. They cannot use the same holsters without constant tension screw adjustment due to minor differences in frame dimensions. However, I second the recommendation to consider a 26.

Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

G43 vs. PPSM2 vs SigP225 A1- anyone with experience shooting the two?

Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I have a gen. 2 G26 and a gen. 3 G19. They cannot use the same holsters without constant tension screw adjustment due to minor differences in frame dimensions. However, I second the recommendation to consider a 26.

What brand holster? I routinely carried my old 27 in both a DFH Joab and aFist #6 Hybrid for a g17, fist 1k for g19, DFH Zack, a couple Galcos, etc with no issue.

Last edited by Sigfan26; 10-03-2016 at 11:16 PM.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    I have a gen. 2 G26 and a gen. 3 G19. They cannot use the same holsters without constant tension screw adjustment...
    What kind of holsters?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I regularly shoot a G17 gen 4. My G19 gets shot occasionally. I did tryout my trainer's G43. I did not like shooting it. It was too small, recoil was too noticeable . Trigger did not feel like a Glock trigger. I never shot the PPS M2 but it gets good reviews on YouTube.

“There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men.”
    ― Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

User Tag List