Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Glock 39 bedeviled by light, off-center primer hits.

Would it help if they have an ingrained belief in Glock Perfection?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Do you have access to another 39? If you do I would swap out the complete top end from the other gun(assuming it has had no issues) and shoot it. If there are no issues, then you've narrowed it down to something in the top end. Then I'd start with putting the other barrel in and shooting it. It seems like you've switched out everything you can except for the slide and barrel.
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Well, having switched the FSB and extractor assemblies between the two guns, the 39 is still having light strikes and the 37 is still running like a top.

The 39's problem has persisted through cleaning, degreasing, and replacing every single component except the frame, slide, barrel, slide lock, and slide lock spring.

I'm stumped.
    There's something in the firing pin channel or the channel's walls have some deformation?

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    There's something in the firing pin channel or the channel's walls have some deformation?
    Perhaps a length gauge to check the FP channel?
    #RESIST

If nothing else pans out, have you considered trying to push the slide firmly forward each shot to see if its moving, and therefore hadn't been fully into battery for some reason?

Will a barrel from a similar caliber but longer barrel function if one of the exact same model isn't available to try?

The last time I was stumped by a gun, i sent it back to the manufacturer, and they fixed it. I read the thread again, and I can't figure why this gun isn't going to Smyrna.
    Ignore Alien Orders

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    The last time I was stumped by a gun, i sent it back to the manufacturer, and they fixed it. I read the thread again, and I can't figure why this gun isn't going to Smyrna.
    It likely is now.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Tamara,

Has it had this problem from the beginning or did it begin after some use? If it started after initial good service, then I'm stumped like all the rest of us here. If the problem was since it was new, then it could be an off axis chamber. The very first G19 I bought in 1988 (!!) displayed similar problems and we found it was part of a run of G19s that had the same machining issue. Glock replaced the gun and quickly.

Just a thought...
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Quote Originally Posted by Malamute View Post
    If nothing else pans out, have you considered trying to push the slide firmly forward each shot to see if its moving, and therefore hadn't been fully into battery for some reason?
    That was my thought as well because of the off-center strike. Also, compare lockup with shell chambered to empty chamber.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    I'm actually more comfortable working on 1911s than Glocks...every time I fiddle with a Glock it effs something up so bad that I just throw my hands up and say screw it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

User Tag List