Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Glock 39 bedeviled by light, off-center primer hits.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN

Glock 39 bedeviled by light, off-center primer hits.

When it happens, the trigger pull feels funny.

I've replaced the whole striker assembly; detail-stripped, cleaned, and degreased the slide guts; I've tried a couple different trigger bars (although I have one more combination of trigger bar and trigger mechanism housing to try).

About the only thing I haven't tried yet is swapping in a known-good firing pin safety & spring.

This is driving me bezonkoids, because it's such a fun little gun to shoot...
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I'd mic the firing pin protrusion against someone else's G39. Wouldn't hurt to blast the ever loving shit out of the firing pin channel with non chlorinated brake cleaner (I know you cleaned it).
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Wouldn't hurt to blast the ever loving shit out of the firing pin channel with non chlorinated brake cleaner.
    Already did.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Something wonky with the firing pin spring cups...? What do you mean by "feels funny"?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Something wonky with the firing pin spring cups...? What do you mean by "feels funny"?
    Just put a new striker assembly, cups and all, in the gun. Gun fired the first three mags (19 rounds) just fine, and then the remaining 31 rounds there were five or six light, off-center strikes. RSA had 410 rounds on it at the start of the range session.

As far as trigger feel goes, it's hard to explain. Takeup is mostly the same, but the actual break is sharper? It doesn't feel like it does when dry-firing.

My last best guess is to swap in a suite of known good parts (extractor and FP safety, et cetera) from my 37 and see if that fixes things.

Have you looked at the cruciform to striker engagement with an armors end plate installed? Is it possible the cruciform is releasing too soon and not giving the striker full travel? Out of spec trigger housing?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Have you looked at the cruciform to striker engagement with an armors end plate installed? Is it possible the cruciform is releasing too soon and not giving the striker full travel? Out of spec trigger housing?
    Possibly, although it's occurred with two different trigger housings now. Definitely worth a check.

(Note to self: Get armorer's end plate.)

Seems like we encountered this one time and we found something wacky with the FP safety or the FP safety spring ...... can't recall the details.

ETA: Just thinking out load ..... I'm seem to recall that a tight extractor or a weak RSA can cause off-center/light strikes as well.
    Last edited by 41magfan; 10-03-2016 at 08:34 PM.
    The path of least resistance will seldom get you where you need to be.

Have you checked the firing pin safety for signs of serious wear/contact?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Have you checked the firing pin safety for signs of serious wear/contact?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This. An odd tol stack with the trigger bar and FPB can have the striker dragging across the FPB. Try inspecting/replacing the trigger bar and FPB

User Tag List