Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: “Crazy” guns you’ve seen in a class…

SIG P250 in .40.

Unadulterated piece of crapploa. The gun would not run, no matter what lube/ammunition/rain dance combo was used. On Day 2 the student used a Glock 19 and a snubby revolver without incident.

I don't know that they qualify as "crazy" guns, but I sure find some of the things that show up at my CCW classes that make me cringe that they are being used. Pristine engraved original Colt SA Army, Lugers, and so on show up often with older women whose husband has died and that is the gun they left them. And last year I had two girls, sisters, who showed up with new in the box unfired mint Colt 1908's. The grandfather had bought a matched set and jsut put them in the safe years ago. When he found out the girls were going to get their CCWs he gave one to each of them.
    "PLAN FOR YOUR TRAINING TO BE A REFLECTION OF REAL LIFE INSTEAD OF HOPING THAT REAL LIFE WILL BE A REFLECTION OF YOUR TRAINING!"

Quote Originally Posted by Timbonez View Post
    I was watching a CCW class (waiting to use the range) and there was an individual using a desert eagle. I don't know which caliber, but it was a desert eagle nonetheless.
    In NM you can only carry the caliber listed on your permit and smaller. IE if I qualify with a .45 I can carry that, and a .40 or a 9mm or whatever. Thus it would make sense to qualify with the .50AE if held to a standard like NM's.
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    In NM you can only carry the caliber listed on your permit and smaller. IE if I qualify with a .45 I can carry that, and a .40 or a 9mm or whatever. Thus it would make sense to qualify with the .50AE if held to a standard like NM's.
    What a retarded rule.

Quote Originally Posted by F-Trooper05 View Post
    What a retarded rule.
    You think that's bad, in California you can carry 3 handguns listed by serial number

Quote Originally Posted by BOM View Post
    How do they determine smaller/larger? A .357 magnum is "smaller" than a .40 S&W, but is generally going to be more difficult to shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Revolvers and semiautomatics are different categories under the law and listed separately on your license. Larger/smaller is solely determined by bore diameter.
    btw: you have me to thank for getting the "qualify with all calibers" rule knocked back to "largest caliber".
    I spend a week in Santa Fe and numerous phone calls and emails with the head of the DPS concealed carry licensing division getting that stupid crap rule changed.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    1911's.

Too soon.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by fuse View Post
    Too soon.
    I forget... is that the part where we shout "Burn the Heretic!", or simply point & screech?

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    btw: you have me to thank for getting the "qualify with all calibers" rule knocked back to "largest caliber".
    I spend a week in Santa Fe and numerous phone calls and emails with the head of the DPS concealed carry licensing division getting that stupid crap rule changed.
    1,000 thanks.

Furthermore, who to I need to antagonize to get the law changed so I can have my gun in all restaurants that sell alcohol instead of just beer and wine establishments?
    Nobody is impressed by what you can't do. -THJ

User Tag List