Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: “Crazy” guns you’ve seen in a class…

“Crazy” guns you’ve seen in a class…

The “Crazy stuff you’ve seen on the range” thread got me thinking. Way back when I took my CCW class, one of the other students had a rather, um, interesting choice of firearms- a Cobray M-11 semi.
    Yeah, needless to say, he wound up having to use one of the in house S&W Model 10’s.

FN 5.7.

We are diminished
    1911's.

I was watching a CCW class (waiting to use the range) and there was an individual using a desert eagle. I don't know which caliber, but it was a desert eagle nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    1911's.

Don't be such a hater!
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

Coonan 357 magnum auto-pistol. In one of my classes by a pseudo minuteman freak who I ended up asking to leave and giving him his money back.

One guy used an Astra 900? ; (the one with the cylindrical slide) at my shooting league.

Banned
    At a CHL class the guy on the line next to me had a HiPoint. *vomit*. I had a nice grouping on my paper, with some extreme flyers on the right side of my target. The guy with the HiPoint was standing to my right, and his shots at 15 yards were so far left they were hitting my target.

At a pistol class a guy brought a Glock 21. I actually like Glock 21's, but this guy had tiny hands and he could barely reach the trigger. The instructor asked him why he bought the gun, and he said something about Glocks being the best, and about how anything other than .45 ACP is for women and babies and such. The instructor offered to let him take the class with a borrowed Glock 17, but the guy wouldn't hear of it. I honestly don't think he learned anything, because the whole time he was on the line he was messing with his grip so he could manipulate the trigger, and the whole time he was reloading between drills he was griping about how tough his gun was to shoot.

In other classes I've seen guns that just wouldn't run, and the net result was that it slowed the class down a lot, and the student with the bad gun didn't learn much except for maybe malfunction clearing. I mean, if you're working on shooting on the move, and you take two steps and then have to stop and clear your gun, are you really practicing anything? What's the point?

I have seen at IDPA matches a Davis 32? and one of those mini .22s that is the size of your finger I can't remeber the name.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by beltjones View Post
    At a CHL class the guy on the line next to me had a HiPoint. *vomit*. I had a nice grouping on my paper, with some extreme flyers on the right side of my target. The guy with the HiPoint was standing to my right, and his shots at 15 yards were so far left they were hitting my target.

At a pistol class a guy brought a Glock 21. I actually like Glock 21's, but this guy had tiny hands and he could barely reach the trigger. The instructor asked him why he bought the gun, and he said something about Glocks being the best, and about how anything other than .45 ACP is for women and babies and such. The instructor offered to let him take the class with a borrowed Glock 17, but the guy wouldn't hear of it. I honestly don't think he learned anything, because the whole time he was on the line he was messing with his grip so he could manipulate the trigger, and the whole time he was reloading between drills he was griping about how tough his gun was to shoot.

In other classes I've seen guns that just wouldn't run, and the net result was that it slowed the class down a lot, and the student with the bad gun didn't learn much except for maybe malfunction clearing. I mean, if you're working on shooting on the move, and you take two steps and then have to stop and clear your gun, are you really practicing anything? What's the point?

I had a guy with a High-Point shoot the cable holding my target holder and they range counter was suspicious when I told them what happened trying to imply it was me. I asked them to review the video as I was reloading my magazine at the time.

User Tag List