Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Marines opt for the 9 mil over 45s for special operators.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I have a feeling that people have already begun sending me glue and crayons...
    There ya go.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I have a feeling that people are going to start sending me glue and crayons...
    Glue and crayons are good. Everyone needs glue and crayons, especially those of you who screw your "covers" on.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    Glue and crayons are good. Everyone needs glue and crayons, especially those of you who screw your "covers" on.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    #RESIST

45dotACP--Yes MARSOC, like much of SOCOM, has been carrying Glocks for a LONG time.

"Now 'Murrica's own .45, that'll knock them bad guys back a half a block, even if you hit them in the hand!"
    Yet the bullets we see most often failing to penetrate and bouncing off peoples heads and faces are .380 Auto and .45 Auto ball....

"Not once in the chart was caliber mentioned...it was impossible to determine caliber, or bullet type just based on the clinical picture. It didn't matter...the docs didn't shit their pants because it was a .45, nor did they laugh it off because it was a 9mm."
    Yup--just mentioned this in a lecture last week; treat the wound (based on clinical exam and appropriate imaging studies), not the weapon.
    Last edited by DocGKR; 10-03-2016 at 10:33 AM.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Doc, out of curiosity, what's the better ball loads out there?

I remember someone, I believe it was you, writing that your typical practice ball was lousy at going through auto glass because it got its jacket stripped.

The 9mm should definitely improve qualification scores. Everyone owns a 9mm pencil to poke holes in the target. Most of us don't have a .45 pencil.

Not surprisingly, it turns out the MC Times reporter utterly misquoted, distorted, and was disingenuous in his interview with Rhode Island State Crime Laboratory Firearms Examiner Neil Clapperton. Shameful on the part of the article's author.

When the media is so frequently wrong regarding other incidents in the news, why should we expect them to be accurate, honest, and truthful regarding this topic?!?!?
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

SOCOM guys have been rocking the G19 for a while now. How is this news? The Colt was bought for Force Recon and other Marine units. MARSOC jumped on it but then dropped it like it was hot when they were fully integrated into the Joint Command.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    When the media is so frequently wrong regarding other incidents in the news, why should we expect them to be accurate, honest, and truthful regarding this topic?!?!?
    Because we all have Gell-Mann Amnesia.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I've found it somewhat odd that Glock hasn't tried to leverage the SOCOM contract in their advertisements. Search for 'SOCOM' on their webpage and you get zero hits. I wonder if it is a stipulation of the contract? Just about every other manufacturer would be shouting this from the rooftops. SIG would offer a limited edition variant for each service's special operations element.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

User Tag List