Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: All that fuss over +P+

Two Federal 124gr Hydra Shok +P+ shot in clear gel. One penetrated 10 ½ and the other 11 ½ . The expansion is decent but still short in penetration.

Attachment 12055

Here is another surprise. Magtech 115gr +P+. This was another one I was expecting low penetration with the bullet fragmentation.
    The bare gel penetrated 13.5 (left) and the heavy clothing shot went 12.5. (right)

Attachment 12056

I had wanted to try out these rounds but ran out when I was collecting crony data a few months ago. A coworker bought some and was good enough to let me have a few to shot. The pistol used was a Sig 320 compact with a 4 inch barrel. Two 16 inch blocks of Clear Ballistics gel were used but none of the rounds passed through the first block.

The first round in bare gel had an impact velocity of 1260 fps penetrated 11.75 inches and expanded to .76 inches at it’s widest point. The second one also penetrated 11.75 inches but only expanded to .70 inches. It’s impact velocity was 1266 fps.

In the gel covered with heavy clothing the first round hit at 1263 fps penetrated 16 inches and expanded to .58 inches. The second round has a velocity of 1282 fps expanded to .59 inches and also 16 inches.

I may have missed it and apologize if I did. How does the Underwood 124gr Gold Dot +P+ compare to the factory Speer +P?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

User Tag List