Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Sig is no more

Considering what the company makes on a yearly basis versus the cost of paying a couple major match fees every year I'm guessing it was a drop in the bucket.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    There is always someone looking to buy the un-ubiquitous. What drives that desire is varied, and often considered irrelevant.
    I was into looking to buy the un-ubituitous before looking to buy the un-ubitiquious was cool.
    I can't understand people who think banning guns makes them safer. They must also believe that banning books makes them smarter.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Exurbankevin View Post
    I was into looking to buy the un-ubituitous before looking to buy the un-ubitiquious was cool.
    Unless you've carried a TZ-75 in .41AE un-ironically, you can just step off.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Unless you've carried a TZ-75 in .41AE un-ironically, you can just step off.
    Poser.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-field-pistol/
    I can't understand people who think banning guns makes them safer. They must also believe that banning books makes them smarter.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    Ah Sig... their TDA offering lost out to Beretta, their SFA offering wasn't a "Glock Killer" (surprised face goes here)

Aaaaand their 1911 was a total cluster that shat upon the head of everyone who thought "Well, maybe this time a 1911 with an external extractor can work?"

Always the bridesmaid, never the bride...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
    Hey, while their initial 1911 offering was a total disaster, the guns got a lot better. I'd recommend a Sig 1911 in .45 ACP over a lot of similarly priced offerings.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Hey, while their initial 1911 offering was a total disaster, the guns got a lot better. I'd recommend a Sig 1911 in .45 ACP over a lot of similarly priced offerings.
    I have a SIG "Traditional" 1911 in .40 that performs perfectly, MIM parts and all. It's an excellent firearm.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobblie View Post
    I have a SIG "Traditional" 1911 in .40 that performs perfectly, MIM parts and all. It's an excellent firearm.
    I've noticed there's a good crossover between people who think MIM sucks and people who don't understand what MIM is.

Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    I've noticed there's a good crossover between people who think MIM sucks and people who don't understand what MIM is.
    I admit I don't know what MIM is, or more accurately, the pros/cons of MIM. I have read tons of articles/posts where people seem to really dislike MIM parts. Is there any validity to that concern in general, or is it specific on the stresses placed on the part, the QA of a specific manufacturer, etc?

My finicky ass 1911 of random brand with tinkering up the ass started failing like crazy. Must be the company's faulty parts.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Peally View Post
    My finicky ass 1911 of random brand with tinkering up the ass started failing like crazy. Must be the company's faulty parts.
    You probably need to get out the old Dremmel and polish up that feed ramp some more.

User Tag List