Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Place holder for Mr_White, Montrose, CO class review

Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Sounds like my kind of class, I'm a little miffed I wasn't invited. :-)
    You should have been there, because you were talked about.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Place holder for Mr_White, Montrose, CO class review

Great AAR, George. Thanks for posting. I took Gabe's class here in Oregon, and it was one of the two best in my training history. The one-on-one running shootoff (need a clever drill name here) is the most intense, and excellent drill I've seen. Do you have a video you can post so everyone can see it?
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 10-03-2016 at 02:28 PM.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

You use so many kind words!

Gonna eat a burger at DFW here in a few minutes, but to those of you who felt you missed out - it is I who missed out on training with you. taadski arranged with me to come out and do the class, promoted it at his home clubs, and had it pretty much filled in short order, a lot like when I hosted TLG at my home range in 2012. At some point it would have been promoted more publicly, but I had it filled with our shooters right out of the gate so it never got there. Same with this one.

But, it is my sincere hope that this is only the first of many of these, so with fingers crossed I think this will be far from the only opportunity for PF members and I to train together.

And Les, I did in fact use So Many Words, but I did try to stay away from some of the big ones I normally get sucked into.

Burger time now.
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_White View Post
    I'm on the way home right now, just want to say that I am very very grateful to taadski for organizing the class and giving me this opportunity, as well as to all the students who attended. Could not have asked for a better group to work with. Looking forward to reading everyone's thoughts, and I'll get up some of my own later on.
    Dude, I think I speak for the entire class when I say the pleasure was all ours. It was awesome hanging out again. And I truly hope this serves to help kickstart a more regular training schedule for you on the road, if that's what you choose to do. I know we're already looking forward to having you back here in CO. And not that the masses here on PF don't already know it, but I'll just say it outright...you're an exceptional resource Gabe. The class was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    What??? When was this announced?? How did I miss out???
    Quote Originally Posted by SLG View Post
    Sounds like my kind of class, I'm a little miffed I wasn't invited. :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cheap Shot View Post
    cough*review needs link to Gabes class schedule*cough

Gents,

Gabe and I discussed putting an announcement up here on the site early on in the planning process. But the fact of the matter was the class filled to about 80% in the first couple weeks after announcing it locally, and Gabe decided against it. In the end we had a bit of a waiting list for the original 12 spots. On the bright side, a little bird told me in passing that sometime in the relatively near future, they may just be a spot for one-stop-shopping for all things Mr. White. But you didn't hear it here...

Whoops....Gabe posted while I was typing.
    Last edited by taadski; 10-03-2016 at 03:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taadski View Post
    sometime in the relatively near future, they may just be a spot for one-stop-shopping for all things Mr. White.
    I think that will help a whole lot with a simpler and more orderly registration process...

Clusterfrack, I think I have videos of those drills, but I will have to look for them after I'm back.
    Lord of the Food Court

Here's a copy of the class announcement/flyer if folks are interested:

I wish Gabe didn't hate the East Coast "troglodytes" as he calls them
    #RESIST

Two things about the core technical skills testing.

One, I didn't know what to expect with regard to how many performance pins would be won by the students overall. I knew there would be at least a few since I knew several of the students already and they are really good shooters, so I felt sure they would get somewhere into the pins. But I didn't know how it would go for everyone else. Coulda been flying home with almost all the performance pins I brought...but not so, the class overall collected quite a few.

Two - standards is really not the right word. Standards means a level of performance you have a responsibility to reach all the time, or you are wrong. These are higher performance goals to strive for.
    Lord of the Food Court

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I wish Gabe didn't hate the East Coast "troglodytes" as he calls them
    I don't understand dude...I don't hate East Coast people.
    Lord of the Food Court

Since this was Gabe's first trip to Colorado, we had a little jaunt planned for him. After scooping him up at the airport, we dropped off some equipment and did a walk through familiarization at the range. Immediately afterward, we departed for a couple local mountain passes. Since the class timing corresponded pretty well with peak foliage season here on the western slope, there were some purty views to be had...

User Tag List