Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Electronic ear protection - current state of groupthink?

Has anyone here had any experience with the new Harris & Sons in ears?

Just wondering how much of the hype I'm hearing is, well, hype...
    "A man's character is his fate."

Quote Originally Posted by s0nspark View Post
    Has anyone here had any experience with the new Harris & Sons in ears?

Just wondering how much of the hype I'm hearing is, well, hype...
    Ditto! I'm thinking this may be a good purchase for me this year. They look great.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    Look! Just because we're bereaved, that doesn't make us saps!

Quote Originally Posted by dove View Post
    If someone has first hand experience with both the HPs and the DEHPs in person I'd be curious to hear a comparison review.
    Brad had basically said that the DEHPs were totally outclassed by the HPs, due to being totally new technology on the inside.

As for the poor CS, apparently they are contending with large government orders, which makes estimating ship dates difficult, though that's no excuse for flat out zero response.

There currently no firm plans for the universal suspension for the HPs, but they do plan on taking a serious look as to whether or not the market would be able to support both the standard OTH suspension and the universal suspension, as the latter adds quite a bit to the cost (~160 USD, IIRC). Brad told me to call him again in a couple of weeks, and hopefully they will have done an analysis by then, and made a firm decision either way.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 04-10-2018 at 04:19 PM.

Site Supporter
    Good news, the last set of Liberators HPs I ordered for my daughter in FDE showed up 2 weeks after I ordered. These came directly from TCI and had an instruction manual, the adapter for the CR123 battery and AAA batteries (the original I received from Safariland didn't come with the adapter, batteries and had a xeroxed page of the manual). So they must have their supply chain worked out.

Thx for the update Banzai, received my Lib HP’s on 11 April after ordering them from Safariland the middle of March.

That said, mine came w/ AAA batts, a standard own. manual & everything else EXCEPT a battery tray. Found a good thread on BARFCOM which had an unboxing etc. that also mentioned the missing batt. tray, that until that time had stumped me on trying to use 123s as there was no mention of it in the quick user guide or the owners manual.

I guess this is a pistol thread, but don’t any of you find it hard to acquire targets with an AR awhile wearing muffs on? Maybe it’s nust my bold but they don’t do jack for me in that situation. Otherwise double up or pay the consequences.

I dont know why so many seem interested in the Liberator HP. Looks like everyone is having trouble even getting them and the reviews Im looking at only give it a 2.8 rating. I have the Peltor Sport Tactical 500 (4.5 rating w over a hundred reviews) at near half the price and they seem to have more functionality than the Lib's. If Im missing something, please let me know. I really like my Peltors but never opposed to trying something that might be even better.

Site Supporter
    So, this happened today:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ustomerReviews

I’m not very sophisticated on this stuff. I’m a musician, so I’ve always plugged and muffed to protect what is left of my hearing, and got my first set of electronics after I couldn’t hear a cease fire on the range one day. They’re Howard Leights, and they work, but I always wondered how much better the better ones are.

These are so much better. I could probably stand to shoot some guns without plugs under. The electronics are better, the cups are better, the sound proofing is better. These are my new best friends.

Quote Originally Posted by PhillySoldier View Post
    I dont know why so many seem interested in the Liberator HP. Looks like everyone is having trouble even getting them and the reviews Im looking at only give it a 2.8 rating. I have the Peltor Sport Tactical 500 (4.5 rating w over a hundred reviews) at near half the price and they seem to have more functionality than the Lib's. If Im missing something, please let me know. I really like my Peltors but never opposed to trying something that might be even better.
    The Peltors don't appear to be a duty-ready piece of gear; no mention of environmental protection, particularly water resistance. They also have no means of being set up for comms, which the Liberator HPs can be retrofitted for. The reviews on the Liberator HPs aren't really indicative of most folk's interest, which is a next generation duty-grade hearing protection, given that the Sordin Supreme Pro-X and Peltor Comtacs are both relatively old designs that have not seen any updates in the electronics (AFAIK) for probably a decade now.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SemperFi0317 View Post
    I guess this is a pistol thread, but don’t any of you find it hard to acquire targets with an AR awhile wearing muffs on? Maybe it’s nust my bold but they don’t do jack for me in that situation. Otherwise double up or pay the consequences.
    I double up, but don’t seem to have a problem if the muffs are any good.

User Tag List