Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Electronic ear protection - current state of groupthink?

MSA Sordin with the neckband option are very comfortable, and are particularly great in the winter as you can wear a hat over them.
    Last edited by Maca; 01-01-2017 at 08:39 AM.

Anyone have experience with their Sordins in the rain? I instruct in occasional inclement weather, and the Military Arms Channel has recently been saying that his are shorting out from moisture. My cheap Peltors have held up through down pours with just a battery change. I'd like to upgrade to Sordins but now I'm a little apprehensive.

Quote Originally Posted by KCBRUIN View Post
    Anyone have experience with their Sordins in the rain? I instruct in occasional inclement weather, and the Military Arms Channel has recently been saying that his are shorting out from moisture. My cheap Peltors have held up through down pours with just a battery change. I'd like to upgrade to Sordins but now I'm a little apprehensive.
    Careful which model Sordins.

You don't want a Pro (not Pro-X). This model is not totally waterproof and has only one year’s warranty. The Pro-X models are fully waterproof and have 5 years warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Careful which model Sordins.

You don't want a Pro (not Pro-X). This model is not totally waterproof and has only one year’s warranty. The Pro-X models are fully waterproof and have 5 years warranty

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Excellent, exactly the info I needed thank you.
    Last edited by KCBRUIN; 01-02-2017 at 10:48 PM.

Was wearing my Sordin Pro X in a snow blizzard today with no issues. They were soaked.

I couldn't recommend them highly enough. Really just a great product.

I'm interested too, they don't look bad at first glance
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Does anyone have any experience with the Walker's Game Ear Razor Slim Electronic Muff? They are available in a variety of colors starting at ~$19 plus ~$5 shipping and look like they probably seal as good or better than the Howard Leight Impact Sports which typically cost 2-3 times as much.

Attachment 15963
    I have some, gave them out free at SHOT. I'm local to you Tom, you're welcome to them if you'd like to test them out, I am not a fan.

For the ballers, shot-callers among us with 20" blades on their Impalas: http://soldiersystems.net/2017/04/19...nd-industries/

I'm rather excited for that. The DEHPs certainly aren't cheap, but I'd love to see just how the new audio processing is.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    For the ballers, shot-callers among us with 20" blades on their Impalas: http://soldiersystems.net/2017/04/19...nd-industries/

I'm rather excited for that. The DEHPs certainly aren't cheap, but I'd love to see just how the new audio processing is.
    There's a local team that's issues safariland electronics, I've worn them for a weekend a few years ago and they are really good. I say a little better than the sordins I've got.

So, buy DEHP or hold out for Liberator HP? Been looking for a Safariland Sale, Discount Code, something!!!
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

User Tag List