Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Electronic ear protection - current state of groupthink?

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    So, buy DEHP or hold out for Liberator HP? Been looking for a Safariland Sale, Discount Code, something!!!
    Safariland has a big sale twice a year...I think either July 4th or black Friday, I don't remember.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Silynx is a very good system. It's similar to the military Nacre QuietPro, but smaller.

Name:  opplanet-silynx-clarus-pro-headset-cpro-b-00-main.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  21.9 KB
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Safariland has a big sale twice a year...I think either July 4th or black Friday, I don't remember.
    just got an email...

This week we treat you, our VIP, to an exclusive offer of 20% off all purchasable products site-wide and 25% off Safariland®, Bianchi® and TCI®, April 24-28, 2017.*
    Enter promo code 042017 at checkout.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Silynx is a very good system. It's similar to the military Nacre QuietPro, but smaller.

Name:  opplanet-silynx-clarus-pro-headset-cpro-b-00-main.jpg
Views: 592
Size:  21.9 KB
    They're also on GovX. That being said, they're not muffs, so they'll provide less complete hearing protection, and the IEM style ain't for everyone.

I haven't had as much time with Silynx as with the Nacre, but my Nacre QuietPro has active noise cancellation that exceeds any muff I've used.

Quote Originally Posted by GuanoLoco View Post
    So, buy DEHP or hold out for Liberator HP? Been looking for a Safariland Sale, Discount Code, something!!!
    Guy on Enos had a safariland discount code in the classifieds earlier today
    i used to wannabe

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    just got an email...
    Done, thanks voodoo_man!
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I haven't had as much time with Silynx as with the Nacre, but my Nacre QuietPro has active noise cancellation that exceeds any muff I've used.
    I'm mostly talking about bone conduction issues, which plugs are intrinsically unable to properly attenuate, since, well, they're plugs. Probably not a huge deal for most shooting, but I'll admit to having of cranked off some rounds in my shorty with a brake in an indoor range (usually at the request of the guys behind the counter, when they're trying to get rid of an annoying customer).

Oops, saw too late.
    Are you now, or have you ever been a member of the Doodie Project?

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I'm mostly talking about bone conduction issues, which plugs are intrinsically unable to properly attenuate, since, well, they're plugs. Probably not a huge deal for most shooting, but I'll admit to having of cranked off some rounds in my shorty with a brake in an indoor range (usually at the request of the guys behind the counter, when they're trying to get rid of an annoying customer).
    Yeah, I hear you about SBRs with a brake. I've done that myself. My understanding is that the Nacre is able to play an inverse waveform of the sound, and that reduces even bone conducted noise. At least, that was the sales pitch... I do find it pretty effective when I'm right next to a precision rifle with a brake.

User Tag List