Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Electronic ear protection - current state of groupthink?

Thx for the followup & detail Default, reminds me of my home (LF) where I also know ya from.

Given the current delay plus some additional choices happening in 2018, I’ll sit tight until I get the Safariland update emails in the next few months.

I have had Tinnitus since my deployment in 2004. Within the last year someone recommended the below electronic hearing protection and I can only say Im wishing I wouldve tried these years ago. Great at filtering out the gunshots as well as amplifying regular talk. So much so that im about to start wearing them around the house I hear so much better w them on. Additional features that I love is that it connects via bluetooth to my phone. I can take calls right through the head set or something that I like to do while shooting is being able to listen to music or an audio book.

Peltor Sport Tactical 500 Electronic Hearing Protector, Bluetooth Wireless Ear Protection, NRR 26 dB, Ideal for Shooting and Hunting
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

PSA: Liberator HP on sale $207 shipped at 20% off with code "SPRINGTRAINING"

Ends today.

Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    PSA: Liberator HP on sale $207 shipped at 20% off with code "SPRINGTRAINING"

Ends today.
    Received the same email today, glad I placed my order a few weeks back & looking forward to using them soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    I always, always, always double up - even outdoors.
    Shack. Likewise in a career where hearing is tested regularly. Double up every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    FWIW, I spoke to a TCI rep today (Brad Medine, who was apparently quite high on the totem pole, and was there in the original pre-Safariland days) about the Liberator HPs. They are currently shipping, but due to excess demand from government entities, there is currently substantial lead time even on the HPs, not the mention the IVs and Vs; he quoted me 45 days for the current Liberator HPs on the website. He also stated that there are additional colorways coming, with the FDEs coming up next, hoping for a February release, and that plain black (without the red rubber accents) and OD were definitely coming.

Beyond that, random stuff include that he usually kept his DEHPs and Sordin Supreme Pro-Xs at maximum volume, but that with the Liberator HPs, he tended to just keep it at medium volume. He also said that the universal mounts (which allow for easy swapping between the top helmet rails, rear helmet rails, or headbands) would be available for separate purchase if you wanted. He really talked up the positional sound of the Liberators, even compared to the DEHPs.
    Default have you or ANYONE else on PF received & used a pair of Lib HP's yet?

Looking for some feedback as I placed my order in mid-March but they're still backed up on delivery due to the demand mentioned above.
    Last edited by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor; 04-01-2018 at 05:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Default have you or ANYONE else on PF received & used a pair of Lib HP's yet?

Looking for some feedback as I placed my order in mid-March but they're still backed up on delivery due to the demand mentioned above.
    Can't say I have, I'm still waiting on them to release their multi-attachment style version. I've heard people that messed with them at SHOT rave about them, but dunno anything other than that. I'll probably actually call in one of these days and ask for updates on the multi-attachment version.

Site Supporter
    I ordered my Liberators from Safariland at the end of December 2017 and finally received them ten days ago. Tried them yesterday and they are very comfortable. The gel ear pads are much better than the upgraded Sordin's, although I prefer the padded headband of the Sordins. The hearing protection is noticeably superior to the Sordins and they pick up and amplify the ambient sound much better than the Sordins. The battery compartment is easily accessible from the outside and you can use AAA or Lithium 123 batteries. The included instructions leave a lot to be desired though. All in all, the Liberators are superior in every way that matters (Safariland's customer service is really lacking though, I sent at least two or three emails asking for an ETA on my order and never received a response).

Banzai thx for the detailed update, seems I needn’t trouble w/ emailing Safariland CS re. delivery time frame & just be patient, thx again for that feedback.

If someone has first hand experience with both the HPs and the DEHPs in person I'd be curious to hear a comparison review.

User Tag List