Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: New Pistol Red Dot

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Shield left, RMR right. The RMS window is not even as big as the RMR. The lens is also plastic and less scratch resistant.
    My room mates guns. I did not serve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I looked at the video, it appeared to be larger than the RMR @ ~4:30. Guess it was just my perception or the angle.

What's your roommate think of it VS the RMR?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

New Pistol Red Dot

The RMS is also not waterproof and does not give actual cowitness on either milled slides or MOS slides with standard sights. What you are seeing is the rear sight looking through a notch in the optic. If the rear sight is drifted at all, proper cowitness is gone. It is also preferred to remove the optic to change battery as the plastic battery drawer can break if you are not careful. The majority of customers are happy with them. It is a very good $300 optic, but not in the same class as an RMR or DP Pro for durability.

Last edited by Sigfan26; 05-23-2017 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    When I looked at the video, it appeared to be larger than the RMR @ ~4:30. Guess it was just my perception or the angle.

What's your roommate think of it VS the RMR?

We have both shot the RMR and the RMS a lot. The RMS is mounted to a G43 (this is where it makes sense because larger optics won't fit). It is a very good optic that would be a great optic if it
    1) Was waterproof
    2) Had US based warranty support
    3) Had a comparable warranty to competition

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    I have already promised other people that I would lobby for a 65/1 RMS.

Must have.
    I'd buy that. I really like that reticle.

Quote Originally Posted by 1776United View Post
    That built in rear sight notch is a great idea! I've been wondering how come other manufacturers don't do that.

I wonder how well (or rather, how poorly...) it would work with a boring old rear sight notch mount? Would probably lift POI quite a bit...?

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Any reports on durability or battery life?
    Quote Originally Posted by punkey71 View Post
    Video said it never turns off.

Shield says 2-3 YEARS. 4 years with occasional dark storage. Auto adjust brightness.

Ive got a milled 19 with an RMR 06 (that's currently at Trijicon getting the front glass replaced) but I really can't see a reason NOT to grab an MOS 19 and the Shield with their proprietary lo-pro MOS plate.

RMRs battery life combined with the clear & large window of the DP PRO. Co witnesses Glock OEM sights as well.

If durability is there it seems like it could be a winner.

Battery died on my buddies yesterday. When optic was installed, a new Duracell (not the one that came with the optic) was used. Battery life: 3 Months.

Vending Machine Operator
    Sigfan, that Galactic Empire butt plate is fantastic.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

New Pistol Red Dot

We have both shot the RMR and the RMS a lot. The RMS is mounted to a G43 (this is where it makes sense because larger optics won't fit). It is a very good optic that would be a great optic if it
    1) Was waterproof
    2) Had US based warranty support
    3) Had a comparable warranty to competition

At the price point they are advertising ($412 for optic and $488 with MOS plate) the 3 points above, #1 in particular, make it a no go. For a plinker 22 it's overpriced and fir a defensive optic no water resistance is a killer.

The concept has promise, but they need to up their game a bit.
    Last edited by TAZ; 05-25-2017 at 01:55 PM.

Battery died on my buddies yesterday. When optic was installed, a new Duracell (not the one that came with the optic) was used. Battery life: 3 Months.
    Holy shit. Advertising 3-4 years and getting 3 months? Damn. Is he going or contact them to see what they say at least?

The lack of gadget in those dot photos is very disconcerting.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List