Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Pistol Red Dot

New Pistol Red Dot

Just wanted to share this with the group. No affiliation, just showed up on a blog I read.

http://www.shieldpsd.com/shop-2/rms-...ndle-pre-order

Hope it is alright to share a link.

Thoughts? Moving in the right direction for red dot pistols?

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Just wanted to share this with the group. No affiliation, just showed up on a blog I read.

http://www.shieldpsd.com/shop-2/rms-...ndle-pre-order

Hope it is alright to share a link.

Thoughts? Moving in the right direction for red dot pistols?
    I personally don't like the auto-adjust, due to having a WML mounted at all times on my pistols. Beyond that, the specs are missing what level of water resistance it has. The price isn't bad, with the standalone site retailing for ~360 USD, assuming it's a quality optic, but it does put it in a rather awkward price point, being unproven yet more expensive than your Vortex Venoms, Burris FastFires, or other budget mini-RDSes.

But really, we'll have to see just how well it performs in the real world, on a reciprocating slide, to make any real judgement on the quality of the Shield RMS. If it dies in two hundred rounds, then, well, the spec sheet doesn't really much.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 09-29-2016 at 10:02 AM.

based in UK?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    based in UK?
    Seems that way based on the pricing in pounds

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Seems that way based on the pricing in pounds
    Pass.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

based in UK?
    Yes. misanthropist has done a favorable review on their CQS optic for his magazine, and has spoken on their lack of market penetration in North America, despite being an MoD issued optic in the UK armed forces.

They're also the manufacturer of the JP JPoint, if I'm not mistaken, which is listed on Shield's site as being the Shield Mini Sight.
    Last edited by Default.mp3; 09-29-2016 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Yes. misanthropist has done a favorable review on their CQS optic for his magazine, and has spoken on their lack of market penetration in North America, despite being an MoD issued optic in the UK armed forces.
    I rather support US-based operations...
    VDMSR.com

Being able to run normal height sights is pretty cool. I hope this starts a trend.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I personally don't like the auto-adjust, due to having a WML mounted at all times on my pistols. Beyond that, the specs are missing what level of water resistance it has. The price isn't bad, with the standalone site retailing for ~360 USD, assuming it's a quality optic, but it does put it in a rather awkward price point, being unproven yet more expensive than your Vortex Venoms, Burris FastFires, or other budget mini-RDSes.

But really, we'll have to see just how well it performs in the real world, on a reciprocating slide, to make any real judgement on the quality of the Shield RMS. If it dies in two hundred rounds, then, well, the spec sheet doesn't really much.
    I understand and agree with the point about price and preferring products with a track record. However, not knowing anything about this red dot, I suggest that it is easier to penetrate a market from the top down than from the bottom up. If it turns out to be a quality product, and they get a few sales and positive reviews, that will put them on solid ground. If quality were sacrificed to hit a lower, more attractive price point, they might never be able to get past the resulting reputation.

I rather support US-based operations...
    so trijicon?

User Tag List