Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NJ Highschooler Suspended for Anti-Gun Control Project

A friend and I argued against gun control in a high school class. No action was taken, but the past is another country...
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    The police immediately cleared Harvey of any wrongdoing, but the school district officials said that he would have to undergo a five-hour long psychological examination before being allowed back in school.
    Questioning the party line results in psychological treatment?

Where have we seen that before?

Oh yeah........

Has anyone met someone that survived living in soviet bloc countries NOT hate the leftist, progressive agenda/ideology that's being pushed in the US today? I realized I cannot think of any, and I'd say that's a clue... but unfortunately many people my age (millennials and near millennials), it looks like the propaganda pushed in our school systems has been incredibly effective and they're blindly supporting that agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    Minority persecution and the quelling of free speech. Hire a powerhouse attorney and have him go to work on the kid's retirement fund.
    That and maybe start a "go fund me" or whatever type account to help pay attorney fees.

We should start a letter writing campaign and let the school officials know what we think of their Onestate agenda
    We wish to thank the United Network Command for Law and Enforcement, without whose assistance this program would not have been possible.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Don't be so sure. It they think there's a First Amendment angle, they might jump in. They've wound up on the same side as the NRA in a similar situation.
    That's what I was about to mention. When it comes to guns, the ACLU is ambivalent at best, but when it comes to free speech, they tend to take it seriously.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

On a tangentially-related note, I spent my entire first semester of college English writing papers that argued against gun control in one form or another even though I had an openly leftist, anti-gun professor. Thanks in large part to the professor's aim of simply getting us to write well, I got an A+ in the class -- but then it helps to actually have an open-minded professor or teacher who doesn't mind having people challenge his opinions.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    A friend and I argued against gun control in a high school class. No action was taken, but the past is another country...
    Ditto; on the east coast, circa 200..3?4? When did I graduate high school?

The NRA had a charitable arm, their civil rights defense, that does nothing but defend cases like this. I try to give every year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    Kid's family needs to get him on Fox New or other venue and get some publicity out of this. Perhaps contact NRA. Needs visibility. Force the school to do the right thing and not make the kid settle for a GED.

Out of all the good advice here, any course followed MUST include copious media exposure. The entire country needs to hear stories just like this one, loud and often!

User Tag List