Thread: Textron 6.5

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I really, really, want a 6.5 I just can't justify it over 5.56, 7.62 or 300.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

This is just a non-functional display model... still far, FAR away from a well tested "real" rifle.

Currently there are a lot of options for the next generation rifle, and it seems that some sort of lightweight case design will be selected for the obvious ammo loadout increase. But the kind of cartridge design that will emerge as a winner (case telescoped, poly+metal base conventional case, etc.) is still unclear. And of course nobody seems to agree on exactly what energy and ballistics are needed/desired for this next generation rounds.

It will take some time...

Interesting claims on the ammo. 3,000fps for a 123gr 6.5mm round. I think that's hotter than a 6.5mm Creedmore in the same weight, and especially hotter considering that the weapon shown looks to have a 16"ish length barrel. If true, that would be a substantial bump up in ballistics from the current round. I have to believe in an AR or equivalent, the cycling of the bolt to remove the spent casing allows the weapon to breathe a bit and allow for air circulation to help cool the weapon. How does a weapon firing this type of round cool itself? In the pics shown, it doesn't look like there is an opening on either side of the weapon.

cool idea. That rifle looks like it has a lot of room to light up also.

User Tag List