Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Have 'Liked' Post count as 'Participating'?

Have 'Liked' Post count as 'Participating'?

Not sure if it would be possible with some type of software jiggery-pokery, but would ya'll consider adding a feature of having a 'liked' post count for having participated in a thread?

I use Tapatalk on the go a fair bit. One of the features I like of TT (vs., say, Safari on my iPad) is the 'participated' tab. I can get a good update on those threads I'm active in quickly by using that.

Now, in some threads, I don't actively comment, but I might 'like' a post, and would like it to be added to that 'participated' group, if possible. So, threads that I have either commented, or have a liked post in, would be in that feed, as it were...

Just thought I would throw it out for consideration as an idea...?

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Why not just subscribe to the thread?
    This.

Rich, theres a thread tools thing at the top of each page. It allows you to subscribe without posting.

Have 'Liked' Post count as 'Participating'?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Why not just subscribe to the thread?
    1) 'subscribe' is not a TT option (at least on the TT client I have), so I can't 'subscribe' to a thread when on the go.

2) 'Subscribed' is a separate header on TT from 'participated' and thus a separate 'feed'

3) To subscribe on Safari requires selecting a notification type and a 'add subscription' button (yes I'm lazy. )

4) and besides I don't WANT an instant, daily or weekly email update like a subscription ANYWAY. Last time I had email summaries of a BBS was with my Compuserve account. That is soo last century.
    Last edited by RJ; 09-28-2016 at 09:55 PM.

What gen of Tapatalk are you using? On this latest version I have, it seems to subscribe me to any thread where i like a post. Turns out to be kind annoying with lots of notifications.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    1) 'subscribe' is not a TT option (at least on the TT client I have), so I can't 'subscribe' to a thread when on the go.

2) 'Subscribed' is a separate header on TT from 'participated' and thus a separate 'feed'

3) To subscribe on Safari requires selecting a notification type and a 'add subscription' button (yes I'm lazy. )

4) and besides I don't WANT an instant, daily or weekly email update like a subscription ANYWAY. Last time I had email summaries of a BBS was with my Compuserve account. That is soo last century.
    In reference to #1, At least on Android, it's the check mark at the top of the screen next to the magnifying glass to the right of the thread title.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    What gen of Tapatalk are you using? On this latest version I have, it seems to subscribe me to any thread where i like a post. Turns out to be kind annoying with lots of notifications.
    I cant like this post because howdy might see it and think I like his shitty app, but I have noted the same with displeasure. I leave notifications on because I am a likewhore, and suffer from badge inflation.

Tapatalk is the devil.

That is all.

Look! I'm contributing!
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

I almost exclusively use Tapatalk. I am on iPhone and this is what it looks like
    The check mark at the top is where you can subscribe to a thread. But like others have said, anytime I like a post in a thread it gives me notifications that someone posted in that thread.
    "Shooting is 90% mental. The rest is in your head." -Nils

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    6.1.3 (1496), iOS 10

Quote Originally Posted by PearTree View Post
    In reference to #1, At least on Android, it's the check mark at the top of the screen next to the magnifying glass to the right of the thread title.
    Ok. Got it. I see that but had not associated it with the 'subscribe'feature.

I'll try that option if I want to mark a post, and see if it will work to follow a bunch of threads separate from participated.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

The Check Mark and things like it - am I the only one who cannot fucking stand all the little symbols and icons that are used in software now, like my email, that are supposed to signify very important functions but are utterly meaningless to me if I even notice them in the first place? I want Words dammit!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List