Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
If you can get past the implication of bias since I compete for HK and carry a VP9 daily, I'll throw my own view in the mix. I have over a year's worth of experience carrying and shooting with relative frequency (15-30k rounds per year) both the M&P9FS and the VP9, and no longer own the M&P.

My own experience was that the M&P wouldn't group worth a damn, before or after it went in to S&W CS for a replacement barrel. My own example went from an at best 5.5" capable gun at 25 down to a 4.5" capable gun at 25. There were other issues that I had to sort through with that gun, including some reliability problems, that ultimately led me to selling it and getting back into Glocks for a while. I started carrying the VP9 before hearing about HK's reboot of the competition team, and liked it enough to start gaming with it too.

I found that the VP9 carried better than the M&P9FS, and about as well as my G19, despite the longer grip length. As for the M&P9C, I think that is a much better option than the full size M&P, IF you actually have a need for the smaller footprint of the compact gun. For me it wasn't small enough to fill a really deep concealment roll, so there wasn't really a reason for me to carry that size gun vs. my normal full size or J-frame when circumstances demand.

Just pointing out for those that want to game the edges of CCP, the VP9 has a 4.09" barrel, so it squeaks in just under the maximum allowable 4.10" barrel length in CCP.
So are you competing with a VP9?