Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dawson Precision Adjustable Tritium Front and Rear for Duty G17

Dawson Precision Adjustable Tritium Front and Rear for Duty G17

Anybody used these?

Wondering if the rear sights have white rings around the Tritium? (cant tell from pics)

Thoughts on them, specifically looking to replace my Ameriglo Spartan Tactical Sights on a duty Glock 17 with these.

https://dawsonprecision.com/copy-of-...r-optic-front/

(**not sure why the link says "fiber optic", it should be the link to the adjustable rear with tritium front and rear sights**)

No rings around the rear tritium vials.

I ran a set on a Glock for quite awhile overseas. The sight picture was tighter than I prefer but I was able to do some solid shooting with them. I was skeptical about their durability but I never had an issue nor am I aware of any on several guns similarly equipped that saw more use than mine.

In fact, I liked the set up so much I built essentially the same gun after I retired.
    C Class shooter.

Get 'em. I think you'll be pleased. The rear sight, though a bit rounded at the front, still offers suitable purchase for one handed racking if that is a concern for you. The front sight has a nice wide base which I feel offers some protection against shearing off if knocked hard. I also like the wide base because it gives me more area to smear JB Weld on the bottom of it. For some reason the front sights on my one G19 would always wiggle loose after about 3,000 rounds no matter how much Loctite I'd use. The addition of JB Weld has been much better.

I've had the plain black ones on a couple of guns, including my current carry gun. They're good sights. Just don't install them with a press--it bends the body and the elevation adjustment won't work right. Use a punch and you'll be fine.

Okie John
    “The reliability of the 30-06 on most of the world’s non-dangerous game is so well established as to be beyond intelligent dispute.” Finn Aagaard
    "Don't fuck with it" seems to prevent the vast majority of reported issues." BehindBlueI's

Site Supporter
    I have successfully installed other adjustable sights using a sight pusher. The key is to use a sight pusher that pushes on the dovetail, which unfortunately does not appear to be most of them. The B&J Machine P500 will work. Get the basic model, not the professional one. Get the pusher tip as low on the dovetail as possible, but be very careful to ensure no contact between the threads on the pusher screw and the slide - even the slightest contact will damage the threads.

Got the sights installed and zeroed today.

I first zeroed them at 7 Yards and then moved back to 15 yards.

They shot well and I like the tighter sight picture as compared to my other sights.

I also like that they are a taller sight.

I kept shooting high so we had to adjust all the way just to be able to get the gun to shoot a 6oclock hold, which I am fine with.

Right to left looked good, as it was humid today so sweat was getting in the way and I was shaking at the end.

As with all my Glocks I had to drift the rear sight to the right.

I will probably be moving the old sights to my backup 26.

They do work in a Safariland 6360, but just barely.
    Last edited by NorthernHeat; 10-24-2016 at 09:22 PM.

I think a 6 o'clock hold is detrimental for duty use. I would contact Dawson and get a different height front sight to regulate POA/POI at 25. YMMV.
    C Class shooter.

Is there anything wrong with the Ameriglo's you want to replace?

For duty work/CCW I default to non adjustable fixed sights which are POA/POI 25y by cutting the target in half by the front sight ledge.

They are also 3x the cost of another set of Ameriglo's?
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
    I think a 6 o'clock hold is detrimental for duty use. I would contact Dawson and get a different height front sight to regulate POA/POI at 25. YMMV.
    What's your ideal arrangement for duty use?
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

As close to POA/POI at 25 yards as I can get, with slightly high being preferable to being slightly low.

I should add I used a 6 o'clock hold for a few years. It cultivated a false sense of accuracy that proved to be problematic once targets became discreet and fleeting.
    C Class shooter.

User Tag List