Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dawson Precision Adjustable Tritium Front and Rear for Duty G17

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    For duty work/CCW I default to non adjustable fixed sights which are POA/POI 25y by cutting the target in half by the front sight ledge.
    x10,000. Now, if I could only find a set of sights that allows that, instead of "driving the dot," which is what most of the Ameriglos on MY Glocks provide...

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    x10,000. Now, if I could only find a set of sights that allows that, instead of "driving the dot," which is what most of the Ameriglos on MY Glocks provide...
    I have, very generally speaking, had better luck with Trij HDs being top of the blade than Ameriglo. The good thing is both offer different height fronts, but that can get expensive over several gun. While I much prefer the top of the blade, the truth is I've about got to the point where my eyes can't tell the difference with RX range glasses.........61 next month.

It would be nice if Trij and Ameriglo offered the Dawson Perfect Impact guarantee!

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin B. View Post
    As close to POA/POI at 25 yards as I can get, with slightly high being preferable to being slightly low.

I should add I used a 6 o'clock hold for a few years. It cultivated a false sense of accuracy that proved to be problematic once targets became discreet and fleeting.
    Thanks very much!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Is there anything wrong with the Ameriglo's you want to replace?

For duty work/CCW I default to non adjustable fixed sights which are POA/POI 25y by cutting the target in half by the front sight ledge.

They are also 3x the cost of another set of Ameriglo's?
    Nothing wrong with them and they will be put on my backup 26.

I wanted a thinner front sight than the Amerigo Spartan's had. I also wanted a tighter sight picture as I felt there was too much play in the Ameriglos.

I was only able to work back to 7 and 15 yards that day as the range was closing but when I can get back out there I plan to go to 25 and see the results and make necessary adjustments.

I had also never used adjustbles before and wanted to try them out.

Also I was realizing with the high Viz front I was having trouble seeing past the front sight for a soft focus on my target as the front was so wide and bright.... if that mkes sense.

My preferred POI is also putting the top of edge of the front sight on my target like was described, like cutting the target in half with the top edge of the front sight.
    Last edited by NorthernHeat; 10-25-2016 at 02:32 PM.

User Tag List