Page 90 of 101 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Thanks! The comparison photos are really helpful.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    I may have owned more 2 inch belly guns than anybody here. My opinion is that the LCR is a best choice. Be aware that releasing the trigger so that it travels forward completely is essential. Otherwise you might end up twirling the cylinder without working the mechanism. No bang.

Site Supporter Notorious E.O.C.'s Avatar
    I went out on a limb and picked up an LCR in .327 Federal with the intent of using it for winter coat pocket carry. Of course, I would buy into another caliber right as the ammo market loses its collective mind... but I did manage to pick up a decent supply of .32 S&W Long for training, along with a few boxes of Federal's low-recoil .327 Hydra-Shoks for carry. Today was my first range day with it. Ran 50 rounds of the .32, which lulled me into a false sense of security. Then I started in on the Hydra-Shoks...

... and I think I loosened a filling and cracked some ceiling tiles. The recoil isn't a problem (much more pleasant than my first LCR in .38 Special), but ye gods, if I can't get the hits, the muzzle blast will still be enough of a flash-bang for me to break contact once the cylinder is empty.
    The way we do science in XCOM is basically by shooting things first.
    - Jake Solomon

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Notorious E.O.C. View Post
    I went out on a limb and picked up an LCR in .327 Federal with the intent of using it for winter coat pocket carry. Of course, I would buy into another caliber right as the ammo market loses its collective mind... but I did manage to pick up a decent supply of .32 S&W Long for training, along with a few boxes of Federal's low-recoil .327 Hydra-Shoks for carry. Today was my first range day with it. Ran 50 rounds of the .32, which lulled me into a false sense of security. Then I started in on the Hydra-Shoks...

... and I think I loosened a filling and cracked some ceiling tiles. The recoil isn't a problem (much more pleasant than my first LCR in .38 Special), but ye gods, if I can't get the hits, the muzzle blast will still be enough of a flash-bang for me to break contact once the cylinder is empty.
    I've never even loaded a .327 Mag into either of my LCR's. The BB .32 Long loads are pretty awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Thanks. I’m currently without an LCR but, after trying another student’s LCR .22 at the NPE Counter Robbery class last weekend, I’m seriously considering picking one up. I previously owned a .357 version and was running the boot grips on it and really liked them. If these are better than the boot grips, they must really be something.

I just got mine in the mail today. I am going to put them on my 327 LCR this weekend, and will try them out with those Magtech 90-grain wadcutters I was running. It should be a useful combo. I really like how they anchor the pistol.

I am going to put the CT lasers on the .22 LCR I have, and get another set of the Hamre forge ones for my .38 and 9mm.

Great shooting with you in class!

Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    I just got mine in the mail today. I am going to put them on my 327 LCR this weekend, and will try them out with those Magtech 90-grain wadcutters I was running. It should be a useful combo. I really like how they anchor the pistol.

I am going to put the CT lasers on the .22 LCR I have, and get another set of the Hamre forge ones for my .38 and 9mm.

Great shooting with you in class!
    You as well sir! It was great to be able to put a face to the name.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

I've had my Hamre Forge hook grips since Monday and this morning I sent them an email that starts with kudos for their innovation and drive and ends with my asking if they have any of the pre-production models sans the Boresight Razorback-like heel hump that I could trade for or purchase. Totally not poo-pooing the grips; those that like them really seem to like them...but that heel hump does my misfit hands no favors at all.

I chose the LCR because I can grip it with the same high thumb manner that I do my 1911s & Glocks. Which may very well mean that my grip is stoopid, but it's long ingrained and has served me well since my first formal training at Thunder Ranch in '98. The heel hump fights to keep the web of my hand from making contact as high on the back of the frame as I desire. I respect the hell out of Dagga Boy and appreciate his input with Hamre Forge and I'm sure he or Rhett could explain how I'm doing it wrong, but that's not happening any time soon.

I put the Hamre's on my .32 LCR to see if my opinion changes with the heavier snub, but my .22 once again wears Bantam boot grips and resides in my pocket A-Holster. If Hamre Forge doesn't have an older model available, I'll probably break out the dremel and see what kind of mischief I get myself into.

Rather than this grip:

Name:  HF 1.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  64.6 KB

I'd like to see if this grip:

Name:  HF 3IWB.jpg
Views: 676
Size:  40.8 KB

Allows for something closer to this grip:

Name:  .32 Bantam 2.jpg
Views: 675
Size:  32.3 KB

Could someone compare the trigger reach between a Kahr anything and an LCR, also noting the grips?

Look like the HamerForge grips don't accommodate the pinky finger.
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Look like the HamerForge grips don't accommodate the pinky finger.
    Mine don't, but I have no use for snubby grips that are that long.

User Tag List