Page 89 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    These replaced the boot grip, they'll be staying on. They fit my hand better, the gun indexes better and they're still pocketable for me. I'll be ordering another set.
    Thanks. I’m currently without an LCR but, after trying another student’s LCR .22 at the NPE Counter Robbery class last weekend, I’m seriously considering picking one up. I previously owned a .357 version and was running the boot grips on it and really liked them. If these are better than the boot grips, they must really be something.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Thanks. I’m currently without an LCR but, after trying another student’s LCR .22 at the NPE Counter Robbery class last weekend, I’m seriously considering picking one up. I previously owned a .357 version and was running the boot grips on it and really liked them. If these are better than the boot grips, they must really be something.
    I can get a pic of the two when I get home.

Site Supporter
    Rule 1 things.
    Attachment 110572
    Very interesting knife. Who makes it?
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BillSWPA View Post
    Very interesting knife. Who makes it?
    Strider.

Name:  IMG_1566.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  38.4 KB

Got my grips.

Want to get some range time in before I change anything. But I foresee goon tape mods in their future.

These replaced the boot grip, they'll be staying on. They fit my hand better, the gun indexes better and they're still pocketable for me. I'll be ordering another set.
    Agreed, played with mine on the .22 today. Really like everything about them; even the “hook” feature feels really good. I didn’t put the “hookless” side on, as it seemed to work well enough in my Mika holster.

Interested to throw them on the .38 and see how they fare when recoil is present but intuition is promising.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    But I foresee goon tape mods in their future.
    Already done on mine and it’s awesome.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    Agreed, played with mine on the .22 today. Really like everything about them; even the “hook” feature feels really good. I didn’t put the “hookless” side on, as it seemed to work well enough in my Mika holster.

Interested to throw them on the .38 and see how they fare when recoil is present but intuition is promising.
    I'll probably put a hook set on another one, but wanted these on my main pocket gun. Mine are both .327's loaded with BB .32 Long, so recoil isn't really present.

Got my set of Hamre forge grips. I like the feel, but haven’t had chance to shoot them yet. They work fine (hook grip) in a Aholster backbone in my left pocket, a wilderness ankle holster, and a Darkstar gear Apollo. They did not work in a right hand Aholster backbone, the little hook poked out too much. Will see how they work on the 38, and will then check a 9mm, but I have a feeling that I will add a little rock tape and get a second set.

Jason

I'll probably put a hook set on another one, but wanted these on my main pocket gun. Mine are both .327's loaded with BB .32 Long, so recoil isn't really present.
    I didn’t realized they were available without a hook until your post. I ordered a set for my LCR 22.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Name:  20231020_104441.jpg
Views: 421
Size:  53.6 KB
    Name:  20231020_104524.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  57.6 KB
    Name:  20231020_104704.jpg
Views: 418
Size:  59.4 KB
    Name:  20231020_104716.jpg
Views: 415
Size:  53.4 KB