Page 82 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3272808182838492 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

If you visit the G26 gen5 thread, you'll find plenty of references to what we've come to ubiquitously refer to as @GAP Tape. I put it on everything now. Completely changed my impression of the Bantam grip.

Name:  Tape1.jpg
Views: 1451
Size:  89.1 KB

Name:  Tape2.jpg
Views: 1456
Size:  74.7 KB

Site Supporter
    My lightly used LCR .38 landed a week ago, so far I've
    run some Federal 158gr LSWC, S&B 158gr TMJ and
    Federal 148 GM WC.
    The 158 Federal's shoot pretty well, a little high, the
    S&B's are stout, group well about 3" high at 10 yds
    and the wad cutter's shoot pretty much dead nut's poa,
    7 out of 10 inside 2" with 3 flyer's opened it up to 5" @ 10 yd's.
    Considering I've been stuck on auto loader's for the
    last 20 + year's I'm good with that so far.
    Red dot's have spoiled me, I think I'm gonna try a
    Hi Viz or XS sight sooner than later.
    I definitely see the trigger reset difference is real but,
    neat little wheel gun.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    ...with practice and carry ammo in 38 Long.
    So, 38 long works in the .327?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Willard View Post
    So, 38 long works in the .327?
    .32 long does.

.32 long does.
    Thanks. Was tracking that and saw 38 long & was wondering if I missed something. Understand you meant 32 long and not 38. Thanks.

finally figured it out

My LCR journey has lasted 10 years so far

lcr 357 has been carried since 2012, with speer gold dot sb 357 135gr hp. recently (due to ammo shortage) it has been carried with federal american eagle .38 spl 130gr ball.

more recently, transitioned to .22lr. within a few trips to the range, the gun will pay for itself due to the less expensive ammo.
    i have shot more with this .22lr gun in two months than i have in years with the .38.
    I started doing pin shooting with this .22, as I can actually afford it.
    dry firing is good and helps, and it has helped when all i had was the 357. but getting the the range, and not breaking the bank helps too. the 22 LCR is the tool for the task. I am now of the mindset that this will be the only pistol I own and shoot, but I will shoot it very well.

things tried
    sights:
    stock
    XS big dot
    williams fiber optic

Grips:
    stock
    stock with finger grooves dremeled down
    stock with spray paint
    original crimson trace laser grips (the small ones)
    rogers enhanced grips (shaved down to two fingers)
    bantam grip, stock, and dremeled out ring finger groove, added hogue handall jr
    hogue laser grips
    hogue laser grips with sugru added to enable three finger grip

And this is the final setup, for me anyways, after trying many different sights and grips.

LCR22

stock sight. white stripe is easy to pick up, the the sight profile is cleanest, can make hits on 10x10" plate at 50 yards supported.
    stock grips (no dremeling!). That flair between pinky and ring finger actually does something for control (for me anyway) it seems. Tiny grips may conceal easier, but larger grips provide traction for stable grip during the trigger press, and recoil (yes, even .22lr recoils enough to where grips and hand strength matters). For me these grips give best trigger control, best "pick the gun up off a table" speed, best greasy wet hand control. Only con is they print slightly more than bantam, but the bantams still print more than nothing
    federal punch. this will be both practice and carry ammo. cheaper than .38 or 9mm ball. No need to learn differnt POA/POI for different ammo types, it will always be the same, only one ammo type! This is available to order direct from federal website BTW!
    lasermax laser. not necessary, i do not depend on it, and only practice with it maybe 30% of the time, it is to be used for HD only, when there is time to activate it.

Another nice thing about actually liking a stock gun, is it no big deal to replace it with a clone (when/if the time comes).

Look at my older posts for thoughts on the other grips.
    But here is something new i learned.
    The stock grip on the LCR is actually very well designed, and it plays a part in the perceived light weight of the trigger pull. It on purpose puts the gun higher in your hand, giving the pointer finger maximum leverage on the trigger.
    On the LCR with stock grips, the trigger fingers has a almost strait pull = maximum leverage.
    Look at a stock smith and wesson, the grip allows the middle finger to ride behind the trigger guard, getting the hand high on the grip, this then forces the pointer finger to angle downwards = reduced leverage.

For any newcomers to LCR
    please check out Demonstrated Concepts on youtube
    He has videos on 22 vs other calibers
    22lr ammo durability
    laser types and zeroing
    federal punch performance
    holster types
    LCR cleaning tutorial (this one is really good, for newcomers and "veterans" alike!)

Here is one of his many LCR vids
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imw81O6kZPM&t=55s

for me the LCR is really part of my EDC journey as well. and always striving for maximum capability and efficiency has let me to this setup, shown in this non public youtube video.
    video is older, before i had the LCR 22
    https://youtu.be/O96I6BQL2BM

pictures for fun
    custom (by me) holster
    speed beez speedloader for the night stand
    RASC (revolver ammunition strip carrier) for the weak hand pocket
    Attached Images Attached Images        

Just got this today… Novaks sights installed by a local-ish gunsmith. I bought the sights from Novaks a few months back. Looking like my trip to MA to get the work done was worth it!

Need a range trip to confirm regulation of them.

Had the LCR22 done too. This one isn’t as low… seeing if the original LCR38 front sight is tall enough to work. Range trip soon to check em both out.

Site Supporter
    Nice, looking forward to hearing if they shoot POA/POI. I've been seriously thinking about sending my 327 to Novaks for the sights.

Nice, looking forward to hearing if they shoot POA/POI. I've been seriously thinking about sending my 327 to Novaks for the sights.
    When I spoke to Novaks a few months back they said they weren’t doing them at the time. It is a standard .330x65* dovetail. But some material on the top strap needs to be removed behind the cut. My guy did it by careful measuring and looked at Novak’s pics of their LCR build.

User Tag List