Page 75 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    This is exactly what I've been thinking about. Somewhere I have an old Blade-Tech kydex holster for a S&W Shield. It was made from a thin gauge of kydex, and it was about as minimalist a design as possible. They have long since stopped making that model holster.
    Sounds like the Nano. Haunt Ebay, they can be found for not much money.

[quote]I tried JM Custom, DarkStar and Custom Carry Concepts, but I have to admit that the cheap Blade-Tech was my favorite. It was so light and added no bulk. I should never have let my friend talk me into selling him that gun. I miss it.

The premium holsters are superior products--tougher and better made--but that simple, lightweight design just worked for me.

I'm going to order one of these Desantis Pegasus Slim-Tuks from Midway and see if it can hit the niche my old Blade-Tech holster did. They're on sale for like $23. I saw where a guy had installed a wing and metal DCC clip on his to replace the crappy plastic strut/clip. It looked about like what I'm after. This'll probably end up in my holster box of shamefully miscalculated resources, but I'm probably doomed to ride that train until the end of my days anyway.

I bought a Slim-Tuk for my LCR, to hold me over while waiting for JM Custom to make my IWB. Was fine for that.
    Last edited by lee n. field; 05-16-2022 at 08:21 PM.

So I picked up my Rimfire Pistol Iron gun for Steel Challenge to go with my RFPO gun... a Ruger LCR in .22lr . Can someone give me a good idea of what breaks on these guns with a lot of dry fire? Any parts in particular I should stock up on? I have an idea on S&W revolvers from a prior thread a few years back thanks to Jetfire, but don't know much about what breaks on LCRs. This gun will see a good amount of dry fire but probably only 5-10k rounds per year.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk View Post
    So I picked up my Rimfire Pistol Iron gun for Steel Challenge to go with my RFPO gun... a Ruger LCR in .22lr . Can someone give me a good idea of what breaks on these guns with a lot of dry fire? Any parts in particular I should stock up on? I have an idea on S&W revolvers from a prior thread a few years back thanks to Jetfire, but don't know much about what breaks on LCRs. This gun will see a good amount of dry fire but probably only 5-10k rounds per year.
    My bet is no parts needed. My LCR22 has been trouble free AF with lots of dry fire. Still using the plastic cylinder insert the gun came with for dry practice.

Rhett at Demostrated Concepts has probably live and dry fired the LCR22 more than anyone and I don’t recall of him mentioning any issues. @RustyCrusty

I had no idea you could get the Rogers grip in colors. That looks slick! I have a plain black one inbound to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    My bet is no parts needed. My LCR22 has been trouble free AF with lots of dry fire. Still using the plastic cylinder insert the gun came with for dry practice.

Rhett at Demostrated Concepts has probably live and dry fired the LCR22 more than anyone and I don’t recall of him mentioning any issues.

I had no idea you could get the Rogers grip in colors. That looks slick!
    Awesome, thanks so much for the info! And I had it cerakoted to match my 22/45 grip, but the Rogers are by far my favorites

Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post

Rhett at Demostrated Concepts has probably live and dry fired the LCR22 more than anyone and I don’t recall of him mentioning any issues. @RustyCrusty

I had no idea you could get the Rogers grip in colors. That looks slick! I have a plain black one inbound to try out.
    No breakages yet. I use an empty cylinder to dry fire daily. Probably 20k on one and who knows how many more dry presses.

Let use know how the LCR does in Steel Challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Ever since Rhett @Demonstrated Concepts appeared on my radar, I've been spending a lot more time with my .22 LCR and getting uber happy all over again about buying it. It had been relegated to a training tool and pocket carry on lawn days. Nowadays, when I get home, the Glock goes in the safe and the .22 LCR goes in my waistband.

That role had belonged to my .32 stoked .327 LCR, kinda funny how heavy I now find it in comparison. Trigger is heller smooth in comparison though.

I bought a pocket holster from a @tlong17, but I'll be damned if I can remember the brand. Anyway, pocket carries much better (for me) than the Desantis I'd been using...still too big for actual amongst-the-populace pants pocket carry in anything I own. YPPMV...your pants pockets may vary.
    Mika holster! Great holster. Glad it’s working well for you.

This is exactly what I've been thinking about. Somewhere I have an old Blade-Tech kydex holster for a S&W Shield. It was made from a thin gauge of kydex, and it was about as minimalist a design as possible. They have long since stopped making that model holster. I tried JM Custom, DarkStar and Custom Carry Concepts, but I have to admit that the cheap Blade-Tech was my favorite. It was so light and added no bulk. I should never have let my friend talk me into selling him that gun. I miss it.

The premium holsters are superior products--tougher and better made--but that simple, lightweight design just worked for me.

I'm going to order one of these Desantis Pegasus Slim-Tuks from Midway and see if it can hit the niche my old Blade-Tech holster did. They're on sale for like $23. I saw where a guy had installed a wing and metal DCC clip on his to replace the crappy plastic strut/clip. It looked about like what I'm after. This'll probably end up in my holster box of shamefully miscalculated resources, but I'm probably doomed to ride that train until the end of my days anyway.
    Attachment 88979
    Just bought one of these for $32 *shipped* with tax from Midway. This is a heck of deal. Even if the kydex is cheap quality, you can throw a DCC clip and Darkwing and have one heck of a setup.

Just bought one of these for $32 *shipped* with tax from Midway. This is a heck of deal. Even if the kydex is cheap quality, you can throw a DCC clip and Darkwing and have one heck of a setup.
    I received my DeSantis Slim-Tuk for LCR today. The basic form factor is nice, but the trigger guard area isn't up to my expectations, even at the low price point. It flexes inward around the trigger guard area quite a bit more than I've experienced with any other kydex holster. This requires me to wedge LCR trigger guard into that area to spread it out upon holstering. It creates an unnecessary amount of resistance.

Also, it seems the cylinder flutes on the 327 don't match the pattern molded into the holster. This may be causing some extra drag too.

It's not unusable, but I don't care for it personally. I'll use it until I find a replacement.

I'd like to try a Harry's Holsters Icon 2.0, but the new 2.0 version is apparently delayed for some months. I may just wait it out. JM and DarkStar both have quirks to their LCR designs that I'm not excited about for my purposes, and for some reason I've just never had luck with Philster products. My holster graveyard already has too much Philster gear buried there.
    Last edited by frozentundra; 05-20-2022 at 12:14 AM.

I received my DeSantis Slim-Tuk for LCR today. The basic form factor is nice, but the trigger guard area isn't up to my expectations, even at the low price point. It flexes inward around the trigger guard area quite a bit more than I've experienced with any other kydex holster. This requires me to wedge LCR trigger guard into that area to spread it out upon holstering. This creates an unnecessary amount of resistance.

Also, it seems the cylinder flutes on the 327 don't match the pattern molded into the holster. This may be causing some extra drag too.

It's not unusable, but I don't care for it personally. I'll use it until I find a replacement.

I'd like to try a Harry's Holsters Icon 2.0, but the new 2.0 version is apparently delayed for some months. I may just wait it out. JM and DarkStar both have quirks to their LCR designs that I'm not excited about for my purposes, and for some reason I've just never had luck with Philster products--my holster graveyard already has too much Philster gear buried there.
    Well… this sucks. If mine is similar, it looks like both of our holster boxes just grew. Looks like I’ll be buying a City Special after all

User Tag List