Page 74 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Site Supporter
    I'll be taking a class with FPF training in a few weeks, and am curious what people's observations are with different speedloaders for the LCR. I generally have a strip on me, but have found the HKS 36 binds badly about half way through (even with no grips on the frame), and the Safariland Comp series is unusable on the LCR (both meant for the J frame).

I have an oder for SpeedBeez, and know a lot of people like the 5 star speedloaders.

I'm am curious on people's luck with the Revision CV setup (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd9i4YWj50w)

I've the deepest respect for both JMack & Dark Star, but neither of their LCR offerings is working for me. Anyone have a Philster City Special they'd like to trade out for a long term test drive?

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I've the deepest respect for both JMack & Dark Star, but neither of their LCR offerings is working for me. Anyone have a Philster City Special they'd like to trade out for a long term test drive?
    I'm curious what specifically isn't working for you? How do you think it may be improved?

I'm trying to decide between these holsters myself.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    I'm curious what specifically isn't working for you? How do you think it may be improved?

Sorry for the slow response, crazy busy weekend.

I think it's important to note that after 10yrs of AIWB, my body started hating it, so I'm probably the wrong guy to listen to. I carry a Glock IWB Mon-Fri at work because my boss wants me armed and between the two of us, there are 15/17/22/33rd 9mm Glock mags everywhere. When I get home, the Glock goes in the safe and the .22 LCR gets tucked AIWB sans holster.

I have a hard time quantifying what doesn't work for me about the DSG for the LCR, especially since the DSG is my all time favorite j-frame holster I've ever used. Mind you Daryl Bolke loves the DSG for his LCR's and the P-F'er I sent mine to is really digging it at last report.

As for the JM Custom, there's not a damn thing wrong with it and Tony made me an exact copy of @Clusterfrack's as requested. If/when I order another one, it'll be for a 3" barrel and set even lower on the belt line. It's still my goto for the LCR when I actually go anywhere, but it needs a wedge or Master Mind pillow to keep from tipping over my belt.

You won't have trouble selling either one on P-F, fwiw.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post

I'm a DarkStar fan in general, and of course JM Custom as well.

My problem with the DSG Apollo is the huge sight channel that acts like a reverse wing claw and pushes the grip out. I also like holsters the same length as the gun, and prefer to use a ACP wedge to add length as needed.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Blackburn View Post
    Is the clip mounted in way that a DCC clip could swap in?
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I'm a DarkStar fan in general, and of course JM Custom as well.

My problem with the DSG Apollo is the huge sight channel that acts like a reverse wing claw and pushes the grip out. I also like holsters the same length as the gun, and prefer to use a ACP wedge to add length as needed.
    This is exactly what I've been thinking about. Somewhere I have an old Blade-Tech kydex holster for a S&W Shield. It was made from a thin gauge of kydex, and it was about as minimalist a design as possible. They have long since stopped making that model holster. I tried JM Custom, DarkStar and Custom Carry Concepts, but I have to admit that the cheap Blade-Tech was my favorite. It was so light and added no bulk. I should never have let my friend talk me into selling him that gun. I miss it.

The premium holsters are superior products--tougher and better made--but that simple, lightweight design just worked for me.

I'm going to order one of these Desantis Pegasus Slim-Tuks from Midway and see if it can hit the niche my old Blade-Tech holster did. They're on sale for like $23. I saw where a guy had installed a wing and metal DCC clip on his to replace the crappy plastic strut/clip. It looked about like what I'm after. This'll probably end up in my holster box of shamefully miscalculated resources, but I'm probably doomed to ride that train until the end of my days anyway.
    Name:  DesantisSlimTuk.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  60.5 KB

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post

No it’s a complete injection molded design. For the price it’s got really clean lines and conceals very well while still allowing for a good purchase on the grip.

Name:  EA15D7DE-B94A-4511-A878-0467750CF01F.jpg
Views: 648
Size:  14.4 KB
    Are you loyal to the constitution or the “institution”?

Quote Originally Posted by PNWTO View Post
    I believe that in an injection molded holster, and the clip is part of the mold. I have never been happy with plastic clips myself.

User Tag List