Page 68 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by Lester Polfus View Post
    Intriguing, thanks. I may email them to ask the cost of just sights and installation on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    Intriguing, thanks. I may email them to ask the cost of just sights and installation on mine.
    If you do, the group might be interested in what you hear. I just brought home a 640 PRO a few days ago, so it's a moot point for me, but if nothing else I'm curious. I don't know that knowing about this before then would have changed my course of action, as I preferred the 22oz gun, and I already had all the stuff to run a J-frame.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    @Doc_Glock was kind enough to send me a pair of the rubber Pachmayr LCR grips to try out and they just don't work for me. Oddly, a shooting buddy who loathes the LCR tried them & the OEM in dryfire and liked the Pach's much better.

So, with Doc's permission, I'm offering the Pachmayr grip up for Karma, shoot me a pm if you want to give them a try and I'll ship them on the following weekend.

@KevH pointed out that Rogers Shooting School still offers their Enhanced LCR grip and I received it a couple of days ago. I'm waiting for my orange XS standard dot to arrive before I spend any more ammo, but I'm loving it in dry work. Every drawstroke ends with a perfectly aligned sight picture.

Do you have a link to the Rogers grip?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Do you have a link to the Rogers grip?
    https://rogersshootingschool.com/col...anced-lcr-grip

Site Supporter
    Thank you. Some how my google effort failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mac View Post
    I wonder if their adjustable sight would work with that set up.

Jason

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    I really wish VZ would bring an offering to the market, but a couple of years ago at the NRA show I spoke with a VZ rep who said they've yet to see that the juice is worth the squeeze to spend the development bucks.
    I keep rooting for Altamont, I have these on my 360PD, and think something similar would be perfect for an LCR:

Name:  Get for 637 to match 360.jpg
Views: 651
Size:  18.1 KB

I’ll be curious to hear thoughts on the Rogers grip. My LCR indexes high for me since my other carry gun is a 1911 and I’m used to its index. I also prefer a higher grip on the gun. But, I’m concerned about increased recoil with the harder grip material. The 13oz gun already kicks enough.

Wow, if they would do that for $900 including the gun that seems like probably a nice deal.
    Not sure I wanna spend $900 on a gun that looks like an LCR, but I guess "pretty is as pretty does, Forrest..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Wow, if they would do that for $900 including the gun that seems like probably a nice deal.
    Not sure I wanna spend $900 on a gun that looks like an LCR, but I guess "pretty is as pretty does, Forrest..."
    Right? I just spent $1K on a Smith 640 Pro. Frankly, I'd have been happy to spend less and not gotten the moonclip cuts, ball cuts on the barrel, or the "Pro Series" lettering on the side that is in script that looks like it belongs airbrushed below the door handle on an El Camino. I would have been even happier if the rest of the roll marking on the gun wasn't blurry and indistinct.
    I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List