Page 67 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

In most encounters, the load probably doesn't matter, as shots are rarely fired. If shots are fired, the warning shot is often successful in dissuading the creature. If not, the shot anywhere in the body, stops the attack. If all those are unsuccessful, load choice does matter, and you would like to have a round capable of penetrating the skull of whatever animal you are worried about, since the upper CNS is a quick way to shut things down. More of those rounds is always better, since you get more chances to hit the brain.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    If I pocket carry this thing while hiking as a BUG, is there any better .38 ammo to carry than the regular SD loads? The main issues I would face are smaller black bear and mountain lions.
    I shoot more grouse, hares, and squirrels than anything else but I'd carry the same thing regardless. A 158gr swc +p. 850fps or so in a 2" gun.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I shoot more grouse, hares, and squirrels than anything else but I'd carry the same thing regardless. A 158gr swc +p. 850fps or so in a 2" gun.
    Pretty similar. That 150 gr hardcast WC BB load goes +/-870 from a J snub. Probably interchangeable with your handload, in all.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Totem Polar View Post
    Pretty similar. That 150 gr hardcast WC BB load goes +/-870 from a J snub. Probably interchangeable with your handload, in all.
    Yup, I think my 148gr wc is 800ish iirc from my 2" gun. I just prefer the swc to make reloading a little easier.

Quote Originally Posted by 03RN View Post
    I just prefer the swc to make reloading a little easier.
    Point taken.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Little plate rack time with the LCR22
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by jandbj View Post
    Little plate rack time with the LCR22

Those grips you have do not work with the LCRx. I’m looking at them to see if they can be modified to work.

How cold is it there? I’m complaining about how it’s supposed to be in the 20s this weekend.

It was around 25* that day.

@Doc_Glock was kind enough to send me a pair of the rubber Pachmayr LCR grips to try out and they just don't work for me. Oddly, a shooting buddy who loathes the LCR tried them & the OEM in dryfire and liked the Pach's much better.

So, with Doc's permission, I'm offering the Pachmayr grip up for Karma, shoot me a pm if you want to give them a try and I'll ship them on the following weekend.

@KevH pointed out that Rogers Shooting School still offers their Enhanced LCR grip and I received it a couple of days ago. I'm waiting for my orange XS standard dot to arrive before I spend any more ammo, but I'm loving it in dry work. Every drawstroke ends with a perfectly aligned sight picture.

I was into 10mm Auto before it sold out and went mainstream, but these days I'm here for the revolver and epidemiology information.

User Tag List