Page 58 of 101 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Here's what I can find for my new LCR:
    Lucky Gunner has .32 Long is 98gr Magtech & 100gr Fiochi wadcutters.
    Buffalo Bore has .32 Long 115gr hardcast flat nose and .32H&R mag +P 100gr JHP.

Thinking I'll get a couple boxes of the Magtech for now, but I'm always open to PF advice.

I've set alerts on Ammoseek, Brownells & Midway...anywhere else I should be looking?

After trying a rental LCR .38 special, I am finally ready to purchase a pocket revolver.

I would have preferred a Smith Centennial of some sort, but it is no contest between the triggers. Plus the replaceable front sight thing.

Now is the .32 Mag really worth taking on another caliber?

A new round is always a HUGE deal for me as a new gun will get shot a bunch, which means reloading and probably casting bullets.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jtcarm View Post

Now is the .32 Mag really worth taking on another caliber?

A new round is always a HUGE deal for me as a new gun will get shot a bunch, which means reloading and probably casting bullets.
    Not to me. I get it's the hot newness and .38 Special is now old and busted, but I always need some very compelling change in performance in intended role to expand my logistics. Simpler is more betterer.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Not to me. I get it's the hot newness and .38 Special is now old and busted, but I always need some very compelling change in performance in intended role to expand my logistics. Simpler is more betterer.
    It’s old, but never busted.

Yeah, thinking about it, I took on the .223 and .300 BO over the past 18 months. I still can’t find a decent powder for the .223 at a reasonable price.

New projects are fun, but not a good time for another.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I shot DocGlock's LCR 22 this afternoon. Very easy to shoot, and way easier to shoot than my 43C!
    How are the triggers on the 22 LCRs? It seems to me, from what I read on the internet, that people just shoot LCRs without doing a bunch of modifications or custom work.

Quote Originally Posted by BN View Post
    How are the triggers on the 22 LCRs? It seems to me, from what I read on the internet, that people just shoot LCRs without doing a bunch of modifications or custom work.
    The one I shot was great.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Both of mine are quite good. It K-Frame Smith good, but good.

My LCR-22 has the same ol’ LCR trigger we’ve come to expect, albeit maybe two or three pounds heavier due to rimfire springs. Still much more approachable than my 351PD.

That isn’t to say the 351PD has a horrid trigger, but it’s probably in excess of 13 pounds. My SWAG is my LCR-22 is probably around 10-11 pounds.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

Whether one owns another LCR or not, I find my .22 LCR to be a wonderful training tool. When I'm doing quality work with it, subsequent shots from my G26 reflect it.

Site Supporter
    I own a 38 Spl LCR and once had a 22 l.r. version and recommend either. I've been down every rabbit hole at one time or another. My opinion is that certain centerfire calibers used in snub nose revolvers fall within the same category. The 32's, .38 Spl, and 9mm have fans or adherents. Availability of effective 9mm ammo would be a primary reason to consider it. I hate moon clips which biases me against 9mm. My choice is .38 Spl and is based on a preference for the round. Ballistics are fair, I have a large quantity of modern defense ammo and ample components for reloading it. Right now I'm using the FBI +p lead h.p. ammo. With it I could shoot snails off of fence posts and decapitate sunflowers at 15 steps. Then I shot at a stump in the river about 60 yards away and hit it repeatedly. So I quit testing this load in my lcr. This narrative presented choice based on bias and preference. I admit that fact.

User Tag List