Page 45 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Ruger LCR?

I did some on the clock dryfire with the LCR 9mm. My timer picks up the hammer drop, so the times are real.

Strong hand only AIWB draw inside the shirt to thumb-pec index shot: 0.53s. I’m really warming to the snubby for defensive applications.

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

@Clusterfrack Assume I’ve been living under a rock; what is the clip on that holster?

PS love my LCR too.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post
    @Clusterfrack Assume I’ve been living under a rock; what is the clip on that holster?

PS love my LCR too.
    JM Custom IWB 3 with a DCC Monoblock clip.

Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Curious, why that holster over the AIWB or 2.0/2.5? I need one for my newly acquired LCR and trying to sort out which to get. I’ve have three JMCK for other models, but all are 2.0s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by kjr_29 View Post
    Curious, why that holster over the AIWB or 2.0/2.5? I need one for my newly acquired LCR and trying to sort out which to get. I’ve have three JMCK for other models, but all are 2.0s.

That’s what @Tony Mayer recommended. The 2.0 and 2.5 are unnecessarily big for the small grip of a LCR.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 11-18-2021 at 02:43 PM.

Ruger LCR?

That’s what @tony meyer recommended. The 2.0 and 2.5 are unnecessarily big for the small grip of a LCR.
    10-4, the man does know his holsters. Few bucks cheaper and has the awesome mono lock clip.

If it doesn’t float my boat, I can go for the wingclaw versions. It’s not like we all don’t have a drawer of holsters gained from all the experimenting to find the Goldilocks version for our style of carry.

Last edited by Clusterfrack; 11-18-2021 at 02:43 PM.

I don't think it's a quick ship option. It didn't take that long to ship though.

Mine was spec'ed to ride with "cylinder just under the belt line". It's very low profile, yet draws quickly. I like the monoblock clip for this gun because it's light enough to clip to the pants, and tighten the belt over it. The gun just disappears, even under a smedium t-shirt.
    @Tony Mayer, do you still have CF's specs on how he ordered his holster? I'm really thinking I need one just like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    @Tony Mayer, do you still have CF's specs on how he ordered his holster? I'm really thinking I need one just like it.
    So long as we are on the topic...
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

@Clusterfrack; couple questions about the holster.

No wedge or pad needed, correct? The LCR is so light, I'd think that once the cylinder was under the belt, a wedge would be unnecessary.

And have you ever tried it in the IWB position? Just curious.

I recently torqued my back (while working out...you know, to prevent injuries as I age) and decided to pop the nearly useless glue on Clipdraw off my LCR to holster it AIWB. It didn't take long for me to be reminded that my current LCR kydex is actually much less comfortable than a 26 or 19 in one of Tony's rigs.

I use a very small pillow. Otherwise, the gun can tip around the belt with some pants.

Yes, I've used it at 3:30 with no issues at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    @Clusterfrack; couple questions about the holster.

No wedge or pad needed, correct? The LCR is so light, I'd think that once the cylinder was under the belt, a wedge would be unnecessary.

And have you ever tried it in the IWB position? Just curious.

I recently torqued my back (while working out...you know, to prevent injuries as I age) and decided to pop the nearly useless glue on Clipdraw off my LCR to holster it AIWB. It didn't take long for me to be reminded that my current LCR kydex is actually much less comfortable than a 26 or 19 in one of Tony's rigs.

User Tag List