Page 41 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I want to like my Apollo for the LCR, but the very tall sight channel makes the holster wider than it needs to be. On my narrow waist, that’s not ideal.
    I think it was the sight channel that did it for me as well. Damn thing is tall enough for suppressor-height sights.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I want to like my Apollo for the LCR, but the very tall sight channel makes the holster wider than it needs to be. On my narrow waist, that’s not ideal.
    How narrow is your waist? I'm 5'6 165 and the Apollo's not an issue for me. I'm just curious, I have no professional dog in this fight.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfire View Post
    How narrow is your waist? I'm 5'6 165 and the Apollo's not an issue for me. I'm just curious, I have no professional dog in this fight.
    My waist is 31". It's not a total dealbreaker but I don't understand why there's such a big sight channel. It pushes the grip out.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    The thicker soft pocket holsters don’t work as well for me, but might with different clothing/body shapes. Mika’s seem popular here: https://mikaspocketholsters.com/
    Seconding Mika. Have my .22 LCR in one, right now. If choosing between round cut and square, round tends to fit most trouser pockets best so I'd start there. I personally own both cuts and almost always grab the round.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by SCCY Marshal View Post
    Seconding Mika. Have my .22 LCR in one, right now. If choosing between round cut and square, round tends to fit most trouser pockets best so I'd start there. I personally own both cuts and almost always grab the round.
    REALLY wish their web site was a mite more informative....

pat

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    Are you running .327 Fed Mag in it or something else?
    I went with the H&R Magnum load for what I am using it for.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

New LCR owner here. I'm about 150 rounds in and trying to figure out POA/POI regulation. IIRC here and over in the ammo section there was talk that a 148 WC might regulate, but that didn't seem to work. The paper target is cast and powder coated 158 gr SWC with 2.8 gr Clay Dot. The cardboard target is 148 gr DEWC with 3.1 gr Titegroup (a Lyman recommended accuracy load). Both powder puff loads. Both groups at 7 yards.

I have not decided what carry load, yet, but was hoping for a good outcome with the DEWC and would then settle there off Doc JKR's recommendation.

Is the next step to go to the fiber optic sight?

Name:  20200217_085430_resized.jpg
Views: 1065
Size:  37.9 KB

Name:  20200229_080012_resized.jpg
Views: 1053
Size:  22.7 KB

Happy shooting, Jerry
    Last edited by dustyvarmint; 03-01-2020 at 05:03 PM.
    "Draw fast, shoot well," Mike W.

Quote Originally Posted by dustyvarmint View Post
    New LCR owner here. I'm about 150 rounds in and trying to figure out POA/POI regulation. IIRC here and over in the ammo section there was talk that a 148 WC might regulate, but that didn't seem to work.

Is the next step to go to the fiber optic sight?

I have two .38 Special LCRs, both with the fiberoptic front sights, and both shoot POA = POI with 148gr wadcutters.

I'd actually hoped for typical snubby .38 Special POI/POA regulation, which IME with S&W snubs has seemed to usually be best with 158gr LSWCHP, but they (in the Remington version) shoot high and somewhat right in these LCRs.

Next tried Gold Dot short barrel 135gr+P JHP (which I'd hoped would be right on), but again, no go; shot to the right too.

My two LCR examples are right on with Precision Delta 148gr wadcutters.

(Dunno about any other wadcutter brands, haven't tried any others, and I have no affiliation or other association with Precision Delta, just read about them here.)

FWIW.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

In my .38 LCR with fiber front:

158gr swc shoot high
    100gr frangible shoot way low
    Aguila 130gr shoots just right
    Wolf 130gr shoots about right, but had to beat the ejector rod to get casings out?

Defensive ammo:
    Hornady 110, bith +p and standard, shoot pretty much right on
    HST Micro 130gr shoots absolutely POI/POA driving the dot, and excellent accuracy without excessive recoil. My new carry load.

Quote Originally Posted by TicTacticalTimmy View Post
    In my .38 LCR with fiber front:

Hornady 110, both +p and standard, shoot pretty much right on.
    HST Micro 130gr shoots absolutely POI/POA driving the dot, and excellent accuracy without excessive recoil.

Guess I'll have to try those.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

User Tag List