Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    What has your experience been with consistency with the brands there?
    Shopping for ammo today?

Well, bearing in mind I have very limited experience, the Blazer Brass 115 and Speer Lawman 124 gr ammo I have bought from sgammo have been very consistent.

The shipments have been very quick, typically I get a tracking number within 24-48 hours of placing an order.

I also like the fact they stock SD ammo; in fact my last order I added a couple boxes of Federal P9HST2 147 gr HP to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Shopping for ammo today?

Well, bearing in mind I have very limited experience, the Blazer Brass 115 and Speer Lawman 124 gr ammo I have bought from sgammo have been very consistent.

The shipments have been very quick, typically I get a tracking number within 24-48 hours of placing an order.

I also like the fact they stock SD ammo; in fact my last order I added a couple boxes of Federal P9HST2 147 gr HP to try out.
    I agree that SGammo is a great place to buy ammo on the internet, and very trustworthy.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by lawnguy View Post
    Is 9mm ammo cheaper in price than 38 or 357?
    Almost always, for practice ammo. For hollow points, probably much closer in price, but easier to find a deal on 9mm. If you run wadcutters in .38 like some do, you can just use it for practice and carry both, and that will probably be a little cheaper than buying hollow points.

I've been carrying a 9mm LCR for nearly two years now. It's a great pocket gun imho. Recoil is manageable and reloads are grossly faster than the 642 that was my previous reference. I'd recommend one any day.

There is only one bad thing I've noticed. I once accidentally dropped a loaded moon clip on the ground and it bent slightly out of round. It locked up the cylinder. Not a huge deal for edc considerations, but sometimes weird shit happens. That said, I like this package a lot better than 442/642.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    I agree that SGammo is a great place to buy ammo on the internet, and very trustworthy.

Many thanks to both of you. It seems I'm always shopping for ammo for my .45. One of these days I'll take the 9mm plunge and never look back.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Many thanks to both of you. It seems I'm always shopping for ammo for my .45. One of these days I'll take the 9mm plunge and never look back.
    I love the .45 auto round, but I like cheap even more and even with the discounts on SG you can purchase three 9 mm rounds for the price of two .45 rounds. If you normally fire 5,000 rounds per year, that comes out to a lot of extra shooting.

Vending Machine Operator
    So, I owned a Smith 642 and my hand didn't like it, but shot an LCR .38 and my hand very much did.

I guess I'm torn on LCR .38 vs LCR 9mm because the barrel length is 1.87" - since the 9mm trades on speed, wouldn't 158-grain .38 Special be a better bet? Or can a 147-grain 9mm get a decent speed from a sub-2" barrel?
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I guess I'm torn on LCR .38 vs LCR 9mm
    I don't know crud about this, but for a lightweight 9mm revolver, is there an issue with bullets creeping out of the cartridge casings?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I don't know crud about this, but for a lightweight 9mm revolver, is there an issue with bullets creeping out of the cartridge casings?
    Yes, but it's not insurmountable. Some ammo is fine, some not so fine. The oddball Boberg 9mm had the same issue, and I bet if you Google around a bit you can still find lists of ammo that didn't pull and ammo that did, although with manufacturer's specs changing I'm not sure how reliable older charts would still be.

The best thing to do is probably to load up a cylinder, shoot two, check the remaining cartridges, shoot another 2, recheck, repeat a few times with both practice and carry ammo types.

The reason why I started this thread asking ya'll which LCR you would choose is because I thought that the ammo in 9mm might be cheaper to target shoot with,and everyone is telling me that 9mm is the ultimate in conceal carry. I also read somewhere that for an in experienced shooter,or newbie in regarding to getting my conceal carry that a revolver would actually be safer for me to conceal carry than a semi-auto. That does makes since I suppose.
    Last edited by lawnguy; 09-27-2016 at 02:10 PM.

User Tag List