Page 34 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

How did you stipple that? That looks pretty good!

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Buckshot, can you show a sighted view of that front sight? Is that a Novak?

Thank,
    Dave
    This is the Novak:

https://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/s...sights-matter/

Note for POA/POI match you have to align the dot with the tops of the rear sight, try to center the circle and you'll be aiming quite low.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Sorry for posting & then disappearing there!
    Yes, it is a Novak & BehindBlueI's is dead-on as to the sight picture. I think of it like a shotgun bead - I want to see the entire FO rod or white outline (I've used both) visible in the rear trough.
    I used one of the inexpensive kits kits from OT Defense that I bought for my previous journeyman who wanted to try his hand at stippling. It's the first thing I ever stippled & took about 5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by spinmove_ View Post
    That’s actually pretty slick. How well does that grip handle felt recoil? Can you get at least 2 fingers on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1 1/2 fingers - I have biggish hands! But they are fully functional for me with stippling-easily 150% better & stays planted under recoil. The boot grips soften recoil as well as the stock grips for me. I've got arthritis in my thumbs & wrists and the other options I tried in wood, G10 & nylon were intolerable for me through a reasonable practice session. I'm pretty much stuck using some sort of Goodyears on any revolver that recoils worse than a 38 Spl K frame if I want to shoot more than a dozen rounds or so.

Ruger LCR?

Question for the brain trust.

I have a Ruger LCR model 5450 chambered in .357. I only shoot .38 wad cutters through it. I really really like it.

Is there any down side to trading it in for a LCR model 5401, chambered in .38 special/+p?

I figure the most significant benefit is almost 4 ozs in weight savings; which since I pocket carry it, would be a good thing for me.

But maybe I’m missing something. TIA.

Rich

Last edited by RJ; 06-17-2019 at 05:36 PM. Reason: Kant spel

If you shoot it much, you might miss those 4 ounces. I find the fun meter starts going down hill after about 25 rounds with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

I have a Ruger LCR model 5450 chambered in .357. I only shoot .38 wad cutters through it. I really really like it.

Is there any down side to trading it in for a LCR model 5401, chambered in .38 special/+p?

I figure the most significant benefit is almost 4 ozs in weight savings; which since I pocket carry it, would be a good thing for me.

Rich

But that’s also 4 less ounces soaking up recoil. That will make Shooting it less pleasant. No free lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by caleb View Post
    Oh man, that's right. I forgot that some people feel like they need light SA triggers in DA guns instead of just learning to shoot the gun better. You can get a Redhawk DA trigger pull down to 10 lbs, and if you can't manage that you suck and should probably just practice more.
    *RS Regulate Affiliate*

Quote Originally Posted by Hizzie View Post
    But that’s also 4 less ounces soaking up recoil. That will make Shooting it less pleasant. No free lunch.
    Yeah.

I might just buy the 5401 and compare them back to back. The wad cutters are not, really a load with a huge amount of recoil.

I mean, at this point I have shot the 5450 enough to where I’m very comfortable with it. So, shooting the 5401 will be just enough to confirm POI, but after that it will only get fired a cylinder or three a month.

Thanks guys.

The 5401 is one of the cheapest quality guns out there, just get one and decide later.

You could just leave the 357 in your gun bag so it always is there with you at the range.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RJ View Post

Rich

I have, and use, both. 357 with 38's for range use and belt carry, 38 model for the pocket. I need to get a set of the Hogue boot grips or Eagle Secret Service grips for the 38. I friggin love the LCR family (4 in total, the other two are 22's) so much that I'm down to one J frame, and it's an older model 63.

User Tag List