Page 33 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    Yes that’s the clip. I used a flat 1/4” neoprene foam pad.
    Actually now that I’ve looked at it more I think you have the MOD 4.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by JimCunn View Post
    " Or can a 147-grain 9mm get a decent speed from a sub-2" barrel?"

I have converted three Airweight 637-2 J-frames to 9mm, using titanium .38Sp/.357Mag cylinders to get the weight down to 12.5oz and reaming for 9x19mm and moonclips.

9mm 147gr jhp chronos 946fps for 292 ft-lbs in a 1-7/8" J-frame conversion. Recoil is brisk.
    Oh lord that must be painful to shoot.

On the LCR note. Played with the one in the safe last night. After a couple thousand rounds it is no worse for wear and has a seriously nice DA pull.

Not bad, really.
    I'm one of those lucky souls who isn't particularly recoil sensitive.
    For practice sessions, it only takes about a minute and a half to switch to the titanium .38Sp/.357Mag cylinder and shoot .38Sp wadcutters. Weight remains 12.5oz. That's a lot milder experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Polecat View Post
    Now, pondering getting rid of my .327 and .38, as they are kind of redundant.
    Let me know if you decide to sell the .327, I've been pondering posting a WTT; my 442pc-tune for LCR .327.

Colder weather saw me carrying my G19 daily, so holster mods for the LCR just kind of fell by the wayside. I was cleaning out one of my gear drawers and ran across some extra velcro and pads I'd gotten in trades, so I decided to see what kind of difference it made with the DSG holster. Turns out, quite a bit and all of it good. I ran the thicker pad the first day and switched to the thinner for the last two days.

It had become my habit to shelve the G19 when I got home from work and wear the LCR in a Zach around the house for the evening. The DSG is so damn comfy now, I've literally had it on from the time I put pants on in the morning until I take them off at night. Eliminates even the thought of a hot spot and nicely pushes the grip into my Adonis like () abs.

Name:  LCR Pad1.jpg
Views: 1254
Size:  40.7 KB

Name:  LCR Pad2.jpg
Views: 1305
Size:  99.1 KB

Anyone ever notice that the retention on their DSG AIWB snub rig has loosened up a little over time? I had, so I emailed Tom thinking at best my holster would be taking a trip to the mother ship and I'd be without it for a while. Nope, Tom patiently explained that the extra post and screw that comes with the holster can be put in the empty hole under the trigger guard and tightened like any other retention screw.

Worked like a charm, thanks Tom@DSG!

I installed mine with the screw head to the rear of the holster for easy access while I play with tuning the tension:

Name:  DSG Retention Screw.jpg
Views: 1267
Size:  42.0 KB

VZ LCR Grips

So I'm back to the Tamers that came on my LCR and slowly removing the finger groove and outer edges with a dremel and emery cloth. I liked the Hogue G10's to an extent, but they're just too long for my edc needs...might as well carry my G19. The Hogue boot grip is decent for what it is, I definitely need to stipple the slick sides a bit, but for deepest concealment, like in a belly band under a tucked in shirt, I can see their merit.

What I'd really like is a set of G10's from VZ, but alas, they've no plans to make them for the LCR at this time. If you're a fan of VZ grips, maybe take a moment and give them a gentle push to put in the design time. Contact VZ link here.
    #vzlcrgrips
    Last edited by Gun Mutt; 04-23-2019 at 01:16 PM.

Cant wait to see these modified hogues

Stippling the Boot Grip made them 200% more effective for me. I'm not a stippler, but I did it in under 10 minutes (prolly shows, too). This old LCR (1rst year model) has travelled with me many years now and has been a great snub. It is the most UNmodified carry gun I own (front sight & chamfered cyl - that's it), & that is saying something for a gunsmith. Name:  LCR textured boot grips.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  30.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Buckshot View Post
    Stippling the Boot Grip made them 200% more effective for me. I'm not a stippler, but I did it in under 10 minutes (prolly shows, too). This old LCR (1rst year model) has travelled with me many years now and has been a great snub. It is the most UNmodified carry gun I own (front sight & chamfered cyl - that's it), & that is saying something for a gunsmith. Name:  LCR textured boot grips.jpg
Views: 1055
Size:  30.4 KB
    That’s actually pretty slick. How well does that grip handle felt recoil? Can you get at least 2 fingers on it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buckshot, can you show a sighted view of that front sight? Is that a Novak?

Thank,
    Dave

User Tag List