Page 32 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

That'd be your transfer bar. All LCRs rattle. I'm currently vegging out next to mine and gave it a quick shake to confirm it's the same familiar sound.

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Point Aficionado View Post
    That'd be your transfer bar. All LCRs rattle. I'm currently vegging out next to mine and gave it a quick shake to confirm it's the same familiar sound.
    Phew!

Love my LCR. I was freaking out my usual "go walk the dog" option had an issue.

You guys are a bunch of enablers. I decided to buy another a 9mm LCR. Not as bad as I thought way back when I had my first. Anyway, just the price of 9mm, moonclips, better ejection, pushed me over the edge. Now, pondering getting rid of my .327 and .38, as they are kind of redundant.

DSG

Name:  LCR w DSG.jpg
Views: 1416
Size:  86.6 KB

Fricke Zach

Name:  LCR w Zach.jpg
Views: 1475
Size:  100.1 KB

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    I took my LCR out of the safe this morning and noticed this sound when shook. I don’t remember it doing this before.

https://youtu.be/_yNjEC7wXa8

Thoughts?

Trigger press appears to feel normal. It is hard to determine where the origin of the sound is, but it appears to be centered on the area just behind the cylinder release latch. I get the same sound if the trigger or cylinder is held still.
    ;

I have had all models of Smith revolvers produce a similar rattle when shaken. In Smiths, there is a separate piece serving as a hammer block. It rides in a groove within the side plate. Double action competitors would routinely remove it in an attempt to make the action smoother. But back to your revolver. I suspect that you are hearing movement from a similar part found in Smiths. Note that in these, all do not rattle.

You guys with the LCR's have been creating a most informative and interesting thread. You have fine weapons.

Bringing this discussion over here from the J-Frame Picture thread.

Over the weekend, I was thinking of doing the exact mods to my DSG for my LCR as in the picture below.

Name:  Modded DSG.jpg
Views: 1321
Size:  56.5 KB

Orionz06: "What issue are you having with the LCR? Adding a wing to a snubby holster may have some negative affects as it increases the ability of the belt to force the gun into the body as it rotates the grip in. A Tuckstrut would be the preferred method to give a little boost in concealment should there be some printing. Foam may be a better intermediate step too."

I obviously very much like the DSG clip holster or I wouldn't own 3 of them and recommend them to others, so none of what I'm going to say is criticism, just my experience with my gun on my body. My j-frame DSG works like a charm and while I'd seen mods like this before, I didn't see where I needed it for my 442. My LCR .22LR is dimensionally close to my 442, close in weight, too, but the LCR carries very differently. The LCR feels ridiculously light by comparison and the while the Hogue G10's I have on it don't extend past the grip screw, they are notably longer than the j's grip frame.

Herein lies the rub, I actually think the DSG clip works too well in this instance. The strong, wide, flat surface area of the clip overwhelm the light weight of the LCR and as it pulls the cylinder in tighter to my belt, that in turn pulls the grip away from my body. The bottom 2/3 of my grip doesn't even make contact with my fairly flat belly. When the holster is straight up and down on my belt, it rides significantly higher than my j-frame does. However, since I wear it on a 1.5" Graith every day, it regularly shifts to cant the butt closer to the belt line as I move around. No big deal with a j-frame, but with my LCR's longer grip straying away from my body, it can print worse than a G19 under the wrong shirt.

I think a 1.5" DCC clip would keep the LCR more vertical and allow me to run the holster a little lower while eliminating the inward push against the cylinder. The Tuckstrut would pull the grip into my belly nicely.
    Last edited by Gun Mutt; 02-07-2019 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Bringing this discussion over here from the J-Frame Picture thread.

Over the weekend, I was thinking of doing the exact mods to my DSG for my LCR as in the picture below.

Name:  Modded DSG.jpg
Views: 1321
Size:  56.5 KB

Orionz06: "What issue are you having with the LCR? Adding a wing to a snubby holster may have some negative affects as it increases the ability of the belt to force the gun into the body as it rotates the grip in. A Tuckstrut would be the preferred method to give a little boost in concealment should there be some printing. Foam may be a better intermediate step too."

I obviously very much like the DSG clip holster or I wouldn't own 3 of them and recommend them to others, so none of what I'm going to say is criticism, just my experience with my gun on my body. My j-frame DSG works like a charm and while I'd seen mods like this before, I didn't see where I needed it for my 442. My LCR .22LR is dimensionally close to my 442, close in weight, too, but the LCR carries very differently. The LCR feels ridiculously light by comparison and the while the Hogue G10's I have on it don't extend past the grip screw, they are notably longer than the j's grip frame.

Herein lies the rub, I actually think the DSG clip works too well in this instance. The strong, wide, flat surface area of the clip overwhelm the light weight of the LCR and as it pulls the cylinder in tighter to my belt, that in turn pulls the grip away from my body. The bottom 2/3 of my grip doesn't even make contact with my fairly flat belly. When the holster is straight up and down on my belt, it rides significantly higher than my j-frame does. However, since I wear it on a 1.5" Graith every day, it regularly shifts to cant the butt closer to the belt line as I move around. No big deal with a j-frame, but with my LCR's longer grip straying away from my body, it can print worse than a G19 under the wrong shirt.

I think a 1.5" DCC clip would keep the LCR more vertical and allow me to run the holster a little lower while eliminating the inward push against the cylinder. The Tuckstrut would pull the grip into my belly nicely.
    what you’re describing is exactly the issues I had. The clip was so wide the butt of the gun printed and it tilted down. After switching to just the one thin DCC clip the printing stopped and the ride height increased just enough so my knuckles wouldn’t rub my VGW belt. Then adding the wing fixed the tilting issue. It’s a great holster but my modifications made it perfect for me.
    Name:  D0550CF9-096C-4E6F-948D-74FAE56177CA.jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  41.9 KB
    Last edited by 23JAZ; 02-07-2019 at 05:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    what you’re describing is exactly the issues I had. The clip was so wide the butt of the gun printed and it tilted down. After switching to just the one thin DCC clip the printing stopped and the ride height increased just enough so my knuckles wouldn’t rub my VGW belt. Then adding the wing fixed the tilting issue. It’s a great holster but my modifications made it perfect for me.
    Name:  D0550CF9-096C-4E6F-948D-74FAE56177CA.jpg
Views: 1309
Size:  41.9 KB
    Is this the correct clip? https://discreetcarryconcepts.com/Te...om*-p108882825

What did you do for the foam pad?
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Is this the correct clip? https://discreetcarryconcepts.com/Te...om*-p108882825

What did you do for the foam pad?
    Yes that’s the clip. I used a flat 1/4” neoprene foam pad.

" Or can a 147-grain 9mm get a decent speed from a sub-2" barrel?"

I have converted three Airweight 637-2 J-frames to 9mm, using titanium .38Sp/.357Mag cylinders to get the weight down to 12.5oz and reaming for 9x19mm and moonclips.

9mm 147gr jhp chronos 946fps for 292 ft-lbs in a 1-7/8" J-frame conversion. Recoil is brisk.

User Tag List