Page 31 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Fine, P-Fuck it, ordered one in .22LR...and some Hogue G10's...and another @DSG...P-Fucking place is expensive.

Now, where's the thread that tells me what .22LR ammo for this snubbie?

The youngest boy has been carrying a .38 LCR snub for about 3 years and has been perfectly happy with it. He bought it new and the transfer bar has rattled from the moment he took it out of the box. Outside of that he’s had no complaints. I upgraded him to a PHLster City Special for Christmas from an Uncle Mikes (cursed be the name).
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

My LCR of choice is my LCR357 with Bantam boot grips ... Weighs 16 oz on my scales with these grips , easier to conceal and makes pocket carry possible..
    I carry Underwood 38Spl +P 125gr Gold dot or Remington 357mag Golden Saber ... The 357 mag is a bit spirited in this handgun with 357 mag ammo , but the Golden Saber doesn't buck as bad as most ... Name:  image.jpg
Views: 1502
Size:  100.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    For reliability and penetration, I’d start with CCI MiniMag solids.

http://cci-ammunition.com/products/d...=5&loadNo=0030

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigghoss View Post
    Those are standard on the LCRx3" models. They are longer than the finger groove grips, you should be able to get your whole hand on them.
    I just shot my standard 9mm LCR with these grips and it made the gun much more tolerable. It still sucks to shoot though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Fine, P-Fuck it, ordered one in .22LR...and some Hogue G10's...and another @DSG...P-Fucking place is expensive.

I also like the Mini Mags but the Stingers shoot just as well. I only have my two LCR .22lrs to compare, but I find extraction of a full cylinder of empties a lot easier with the nickel cased Stingers.

Enel, just curious have you shot any 147, 158gr subsonic stuff in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Enel View Post
    I just shot my standard 9mm LCR with these grips and it made the gun much more tolerable. It still sucks to shoot though.
    I bought one of those grips but it makes the gun very un-pocketable which is what I got it for. I haven't shot my 9mm LCR yet. I have a .357 but I stick to .38+p.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Love this .22! Fixed my Hogue's today...big, pic heavy post brewing, ran out of time this weekend.

Name:  L No Finger Grooves.jpg
Views: 1146
Size:  44.3 KB

I took my LCR out of the safe this morning and noticed this sound when shook. I don’t remember it doing this before.

https://youtu.be/_yNjEC7wXa8

Thoughts?

Trigger press appears to feel normal. It is hard to determine where the origin of the sound is, but it appears to be centered on the area just behind the cylinder release latch. I get the same sound if the trigger or cylinder is held still.
    Last edited by RJ; 02-02-2019 at 10:01 AM.

User Tag List