Page 29 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger LCR?

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    This has been, IMO, a typical PF technical thread. Outstanding detail and direct knowledge and experience. I have been pondering another j-frame but this thread really makes me want a .38 LCR instead.
    This is coming from a fan of the old school Smith's, but I really really like my 357 LCR. Matter of fact, I need to get off my ass and order a Dark Star holster for mine.

Do LCR's still have an internal lock? My google-fu really sucks and I can't find a 2018 answer to this question.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Do LCR's still have an internal lock? My google-fu really sucks and I can't find a 2018 answer to this question.
    No. Not sure when but they stopped that a few years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I had an LCR a many, many years ago, but I only shot it a few times and sold it for what I had in it. Like Mickey Knox said of his previous thoughts on key lime pie, I'm a different man than I was then, so perhaps it's time to give the LCR a fresh chance...probably 8 shot .22LR trim. Now, what grips? Why isn't there an LCR picture thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Jared View Post

Matter of fact, I need to get off my ass and order a Dark Star holster for mine.
    Yes; yes you do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Why isn't there an LCR picture thread?
    Because they make a Glock look like Gal Gadot by way of comparison? Nothing against the poly Rugers function-wise, but hoo boy; fugly stick.
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    Because they make a Glock look like Gal Gadot by way of comparison? Nothing against the poly Rugers function-wise, but hoo boy; fugly stick.
    Beauty is in the eye of the gun holder, specifically the metal part of the Smith J-frames that stings your hand, which is nice and covered with rubber by the LCR. Having owned both, LCR all day, no disrespect to the 642.

I don’t need a supermodel, just thiccness in the right places.

State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Having owned both, LCR all day, no disrespect to the 642.
    Nothing wrong with preferring the LCR; a gun designed to be carried a lot, and looked at a little.

I love the running gear in my wife’s jeep too, especially in winter. I don’t need a picture thread of the undercarriage though.

”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Yes; yes you do.

Ok Rich, it's funny you quoted a 3 month old post of mine...... because I finally got off my ass and ordered that holster last week, haha.

ETA: once the holster gets here, the last 38 J frame is leaving for a 38 LCR, and I'm probably sending a spare pump shotgun down the road to get the 22 LR version.
    Last edited by Jared; 12-25-2018 at 06:46 PM.

Almost resurrected this one on my own, thanks guys. Just got a 9mm for steal. Bought my .327 back last week and LLOVEE that thing!! My .327 wont shoot .32 ACP’s at all. The .32 mag is the bomb.

I am trying the 9mm again. I didn’t like it first time around, but I am gonna spend more time with it, just cause ammos cheap, easy reloads. I’ll give it a “shot.”

Does the absence of the lock allow you to replace the hammer spring without full dissasembly?

User Tag List